< Upheaval: Night blogger

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Night blogger

I have always (okay, for a few months) thought of myself as a daytime blogger:

Early morning, before school started.

At 10 am, when the kids went to the playground and I had eight-and-a-half-minutes of spare time before someone had to go potty.

The kids' naptime, if I felt the urge to post something.

Then, perhaps, right after school and before Daniel woke up to go to work.

Now, things are different. It is summertime. I read blogs and post comments all day long, but now I really like posting at night. That way, when I wake up in the morning, I have something to read. Surely one of the night owls or one of the people across the ocean have posted a comment! The "you've got mail" of Blogger.

Sometimes, I will even come in here and check my blog before I have my morning potty break. That is a BIG deal. I have a nineteen-pound hunk of extra flesh standing on my bladder, yet I come dancing in here to sit in the roly chair and see who loves me. You guys are changing my routine and stretching my bladder to inconceivable sizes.

Thank you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean,Amanda. Don't you just LOVE comments? For some reason it feels great to be acknowledged. Oh, and you are such a good blogger, so faithful to the cause and quite funny, too!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Well good morning sun-shine! I hope that you had a refreshing nights rest!! :) I just love comments...especially from you!!! You are so faithful and fun!!! Talk to you later and see your puppy sooner!! :) Hope you have a great day today!!! Bye

10:59 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I too covet the comments. What an honor, that we rank higher on the priority list than the porcelain throne!

Don't forget about the pic of the "19 pound hunk of extra flesh".

7:04 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

thanks for the sweet comments. :)

i will have to get my husband to take the picture this afternoon. i don't think the angle would be *quite* right if i took it.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Oooooh...bird's eye view could make for an interesting pic.

Think we'd even see the tips of your toes at this point?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Why is your sister so mean to you??? :) It must be an older sister type of thing!!! :) Your belly is beeeeautiful! :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

I like posting in the late afternoon, just before I leave work. Then, I come in the next morning and I have so many messages because blogger emails me everytime someone posts something.

really, it is WONDERFUL. i love mail. but i can't use AOL, because if i didn't have any mail, and it just remained silent when i logged in, that would be ultra-sad.

2:34 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

yes, please do post a picture. it's been quite too long. perhaps jenn is right though: taking one looking down would add a creative element. and then have daniel take one, and post them BOTH so we can compare the two.

yes, necessary.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Melinda! Noooooooo...not mean, just remembering this was about the time in my pregnancy that I lost view of my own toes :)

Just you wait, lil' lady. Someday you too could be wondering where your feet are beneath the canopy of your baby buddha belly!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, comments are like refreshing streams of water on a wet, warm day. Days where you dream of vast oceans, the ebb and flow of the sea, splashing about in such fluid motion. You wait so patiently for the comments to trickle in and to your surprise a gushing flood pours out...oops, sorry, did you need to go potty before you finish reading this? ;)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

haha, OD...funny!

*picturing Amanda running down the hall to the potty, cursing your initials*

9:06 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

od, that was a dirty, dirty trick. good thing i read that in the evening, when i only go to the bathroom every thirty minutes. :)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home