< Upheaval: What is a curd, anyway?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What is a curd, anyway?

My neighbors-across-the-street returned yesterday from a nine day trip to Wisconsin. Why Wisconsin? you ask. Well, because that is where they are originally from. Yes, people are occasionally (by accident probably) born in Wisconsin.

Anyway, they return a couple of times a year to visit family, who, mistakenly, no doubt, remain in Wisconsin.

So Laura came over tonight and I gave her some peaches I had picked at the peach orchard this morning. She reciprocated by giving me some cheese curds. Um, I refuse to use the word "curd," which unfortunately has yucky rhyming connotations, so now I am calling them Wisconsin Cheese Noodles. They are really just regular cheese, but broken into chunks and kind of melted, then refrigerated again so that they are smooth river stones of dairy product.

Hungry yet?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

According to Webster:

Main Entry: 1curd
Pronunciation: 'k&rd
Function: noun

1 : the thick casein-rich part of coagulated milk

Hungry NOW? *gag*

8:28 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

gross. and what exactly IS whey?

9:23 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

no, not hungry. sounds gross, and have lost appetite.

have you tried them yet? please be sure to tell us when you do.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Yeah... but when you go to the fair and you by warm Cheese Curds... they are quite delicious. Although quite unhealthy. I guy that used to work with here at the university died a few years back... he looked pretty healthy and was very thin... but he was at the lake moving a piece of furniture and his heart literally exploded. I attribute it to the cheese curds and other crazy good foods he ate. We weren't close friends, with is probably talk about his death so easily, but I do remember being at the Minnesota State Fair and he kept eating Cheese Curds. Soon there after, his heart exploded. So, Cheese Curds = Heart Exploding in my book.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I wish you could edit your comments to correct spelling errors... it drives me crazy reading my comments sometimes.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Which is probably why I can talk about his death so easily...

Gosh!

I'm leaving now.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ben's comments = breakfast exploding from my nose.

thanks.

at lest yoo re-read yer coments layter, too sea wut the rest of us haf to deel with.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...yummy. NOT!

9:58 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

hmm...after reading ben's post(s), and then amanda's, i'm wondering if princess meant riped, like a ripe peach, or ripped, like ripped off?

i would guess the latter, but then would feel foolish if she was just trying to make a pun.

i need to go to sleep. but first! a drive to the post office!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home