< Upheaval: Lame-O Post #2

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Lame-O Post #2

A True Southern Belle
Two nicely dressed ladies happened to start up a conversation while waiting for their flights from the LAX Airport. The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man. The second was a well-mannered elderly woman from the South.

When the conversation got around to children, the California woman started by saying, "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me."

The lady from the South commented "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz."

Again, the lady from the South commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman continued boasting, "Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet. "

Yet again, the Southern lady commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman then asked her companion, "What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child? "

"My husband sent me to charm school," declared the old Southern lady.

"Charm school?" the first woman cried, "Oh my gosh! What on earth for?"

The Southern lady responded, "Well for one thing, instead of saying, 'Who gives a sh**?' I learned to say, 'Well, isn't that precious?'"

5 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

ha! ha! ha!

it took me a while to get it, but then i did, and i thought it was funny. :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Hmmmm..an elderly neighbor said that when she saw my daughter in her fairy costume the other day.

Time for a flaming bag of poo on her front porch, I guess.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AH ha! Good one!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Heehee...that is funny!!!!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

"flaming bag of poo".

Could have said it better myself, Jenn.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home