< Upheaval: Twenty things

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Twenty things

This week has been busy for me. Blogging is so far down my list of priorities, that it is barely visible. But I will persevere! Here is my lame post o' the day. Thanks, Vanessa!

1. I love coffee, but it does scary stuff to my digestive system. So I just smell it, and drink tea.

2. I am addicted to school. I will probably either be a student or a teacher, or a student teacher, for the whole rest of my life.

3. Despite #2, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

4. I still have this twisted perception that I look like a high school girl. Do you see a recurring theme here?

5. I like dogs and am allergic to cats. But even if I weren't allergic, I still wouldn't have a cat. They are too impersonal.

6. Despite #5, I have had a cat before, but my roommate took it to the pound when I was taking a nap.

7. I am terrified that I am going to leave Dillon in the car. I randomly check my vehicle, even when I know he is with my mother or Daniel. This is my worst fear!

8. I really want a digital SLR camera. It is picked out and everything! If you want to donate to my fund, please let me know!

9. I used to bite my nails, but I quit right before I got married, and I haven't bitten them since.

10. Bad grammar is a pet peeve of mine, but especially when it comes out of a teacher's mouth!

11. Another pet peeve of mine is being watched while I work. For example, if I am vacuuming and dusting, and you are sitting on the couch watching me, something is wrong and I will let you know that with a look.

12. A guy in my class was on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and he knows Ty Pennington. Okay, that isn't really about me, but I am running out of ideas!

13. One time, I locked myself in Daniel's handcuffs while he was at work. A police officer had to come let me out. It was an accident, but no one believes me when I say that.

14. I really need a pedicure.

15. I sing to the radio, and I like almost every kind of music. Except, on Primetime last week, I saw some 13 year old twin girls who sing songs about white pride. I am not down with that.

16. I have bad posture.

17. I love to take naps, and I am about to take one RIGHT NOW!

18. My family is made up of my favorite people in the world.

19. If I could have one food every day, it would be ice cream.

20. I don't eat anything "diet." I think that in 20 years, Splenda will the root cause for all cancers that are not eradicated by vaccinations.

So there! Drop and give me YOUR twenty!

7 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

#1 applies to me, but I still drink it anyways.

#5 I agree with, but I'm not allergic.

#14, I need one too. I wish you lived closer and we could go together.

#17 Only the first part applies to me. sigh.

#19 Throw in some Mexican food and I'm golden.

#20 I agree!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh, I remember when the roommate gave the white kitty away! Maybe she was afraid you'd one day turn to white pride music?

You "accidentally" got locked in handcuffs. Yeah, I don't believe your story either.

Well, once you've smacked your newborn's head on the door frame, the next fear is naturally leaving him locked in a car. I skipped fear #2 and got fear #4 out of the way by watching my baby roll out of my arms down the dry cleaner parking lot.

Willie is not impersonal. He's a gay cat with the hots for my husband.

1:44 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

#13 made me laugh out loud.

and, you roommate to away your cat? to the pound? while you were sleeping? did you know she was going to do that? it sounds like a good movie script.

even though i probably wouldn't go see it, since i don't like cats either.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great list, Amanda! So sorry about the coffee, or as I like to call it, the Nectar From The Gods.

How IS Dillon, by the way?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

vanessa - since you asked, he is great! and cute! especially since he is wearing orange Old Navy fleece on this blustery day! :)

pictures are soon to come, i am sure.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Love the handcuffs! OMW SOOOO FUNNY! Obviously from my site, I don't do tea but LOVE the coffee!...

Totally relate to the whole really busy thing. Today was my first blog of the week... Breast infections will put you out of commision for a while!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Im curious to know how the handcuff was an accident. Was the accident that you didnt have the key?

I love my kitties and I was heartbroken when my dad suggested that I only bring one back when I moved to Atlanta. especially since they are brothers and I adopted them at the same time. My mom told him that was cruel and now that hes seen them he loves them just as much as I do. He just knows hes a sucker when it comes to cats.
My boys arent impersonal they show me love everyday- sometimes at 5 in the morning when Im trying to sleep, but they are still showin love wanting a snuggle

Some cats are impersonal though, Ill give you that.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home