< Upheaval: Competitive edge

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Competitive edge

In one of my classes, we are discussing different instructional strategies. As an example of one of the methods of teaching, our prof had us label as many of the 50 states as we could on a blank map in one minute.

(Even typing this, my hands are sweating.)

It was hard for me not to swear when the minute was up, and I had only done 30. Hello! I know my states! All of them!

"Let's do it again!"

Groans from all my peers. Yes, I said that out loud.

We did it again. And I only got 36. What? I KNOW MY STATES. I CAN DO THIS. And someone else got 38.

"One more time."

Okay, he didn't let us do it again. But we are doing it next week. Who thinks I will study??? And time myself? And get all 50 next week?

Raise your hand, buddy, cause IT IS ON!!!

(Whew. Now I need a massage.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

Man, that site is unforgiving! I had to place Wyoming right off the bat. I know the general area of where it belongs, but missed it by about 30 miles. Come on! Thirty stinkin' miles in a country the size of the U.S.?

Yeah, I totally understand your need do name the states again next week.

10:58 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Good luck! And, that web site is the perfect study tool. I won't tell you how many I got....(didn't get!)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

HA! that is hilarious and so you! Was it like being in elementary all over again?

I won't bother testing, I've got pregnancy brain.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Once Emily and I tried to list all fifty states and we only made it to about thirty-two and had to call her dad and ask for help. He listed that remaining states in about a second, and when I asked him how he knew them, he said he went by divisions, which meant basketball regions. Wouldn't have thought being a sports fanatic would pay off so well!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Yuck, I got a 80%...I have some work to do!

9:51 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

i tried that once. I got 42, i think, with unlimited time.

that was a sad, sad day in my life.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You are SO not allowed to get another massage without me! If you get one, we are both going! :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Look at that big boy in the corner with TWO TEETH!!! And he's obviously happy to have them :)

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home