< Upheaval: Duty is a funny word

Monday, May 29, 2006

Duty is a funny word

There are certain kinds of foods that are Man Foods, and certain kinds that are Woman Foods. I don't mean to be sexist but it is true.

For instance: sorbet. Definitely a Woman Food. Also, chocolate covered strawberries, and Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies (original, not Mint, please).

Man Foods include all types of gristly, fatty meats and things that taste like flatulance. (NO, I don't KNOW what that tastes like, but I can imagine.)

Daniel has a friend from Pittsburg. Not Pennsylvania. Texas.

What? You haven't heard of it? That is so weird because Pittsburg is famous. They are famous for hotlinks. Now, hotlinks are defintely a Man Food.

When Daniel found out about these awesome hotlinks, he requested some from his friend and that is how I ended up with a pile of them on my counter last night. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I will let this photo speak for itself. Hopefully, it will not only explain why hotlinks are a Man Food, but also why I did not partake in this "meal."



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

12 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

Um, ew. What IS it?

When I saw the title of this post, I was thinking it might be about Memorial Day. Not so much . . . .

10:03 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

duh, it was DINNER! what did you think it was? something i found in the yard?

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Did you seriously think that wouldn't make me vomit???

We had a whole discussion once about man food and that picture definitely qualifies as something a woman wouldn't eat!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

"Something I found in the yard" and "dinner" are not necessarily mutually-exclusive concepts, you know! :)

I guess I should've stated the question differently . . . what's it made of?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

sharkey - as far as i can figure, hotlinks are some intestinal tissue stuffed with chopped up other-kinds-of-tissue. hot dogs, not regulated by the FDA. want some? ;)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

great... and now there are some in my fridge! Thanks for sharing!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

That's just gross...why would you eat poop?!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Gross. Daniel ATE those? They look like they've been placed on a diaper.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ha! that isn't a diaper. it is a sheet of butcher paper, thus lending to the authenticity of the hotlinks. but it DOES look like a diaper.

12:45 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Please tell me that was before they were cooked. Please.
And that they didn't come out of some form of road kill.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Can we remove the doodoo post now? How about something sweet...like my nephew...be posted next?

6:38 AM  
Blogger tallulah said...

There are really no adequate words for that picture.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home