< Upheaval: Guilted into posting

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Guilted into posting

I have a lot of guilt.

Guilt cause I haven't cooked a decent meal for Daniel in a week.

Guilt cause I am leaving Dillon at a babysitter.

Guilt cause I didn't brush my teeth before I collapsed into bed last night.

Guilt cause I just told you that.

My guilt is usually manageable, but sometimes people in my life call me out on my guilt, and that makes it worse.

That happened today. I took Dillon to the doctor right after school. He has felt bad for a few days, and it turns out he has another ear infection. (Yes, I feel guilty.)

While I was at the doctor's office, I saw a friend of mine. She asked about my new job, and then said, "The blog has been pitiful lately. It really needs to be updated."

Stunned, I fell out of my chair.

Not really. Stunned, I stared at her open-mouthed.

Not really. Who doesn't have the wherewithal to close their mouth?

Not stunned at all, I said, "Yeah, I know. I feel pretty bad about that."

I don't really feel that bad. I am sure you guys understand, and if you don't, there are tons of other blogs to read. Blogs whose owners don't have jobs, and can post daily. Sometimes even more than once a day. So, I don't have THAT much guilt over not posting.

Then she said, "The 'Shrek hands' post was harsh."

Ay - there lies the rub.

7 Comments:

Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Dude, what on earth is a blog for if not being able to say what you think? It's not as if you said HER hands were Shrek hands. Sheesh. I take blogging as a place where I can say things with some degree of freedom that I wouldn't otherwise feel.

Don't worry - being an employed mommy myself, I don't get to blog as much as I'd like. But it's not like I get paid to do it so if I don't get to it, that's just life. Folks who know you and all you have going on should be understanding. Or maybe see what they can do to help you out so you can get a moment to think.


Love ya, Amanda Sue!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Good thing your friend doesn't read my blog, because she would be sorely disapppointed with the lack of frequency and interest in my posts!

There are enough guilt-inducing things in life (as you've just proven by listing several). Your blog should not be one of them. We'll be here whenever you decide to post (or not).

11:59 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Just reading this makes me feel less guilty for not posting every day.

It also makes me feel guilty for when I DO post every day, or when I post more than once a day, because I have a job.

So. There you have it. I am both ridden with and free from guilt. I don't know how I manage.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Stop with the guilt!! It does NOTHING...it doesn't create positive change, it just keeps you down.

Be as you want to be, not as others think you should be.

Was that too direct? Sometimes I'm a little too direct and it offends people. That's never my motive.

Cheer up Amanda Sue!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I agree with Kelly. Guilt and worry do nothing good. You have alot going on and I'm so proud of you! Daniel's not concerned about food, I'm sure. Dillon is adjusting but is fine. Your teeth will forgive you.

Babies get ill and we often don't know. Look at Bella and her freaky virus she's got now! Even her doctor didn't know! (we'll be having "words" over that)

The blog is the last thing you need to think about. And the Shrek hands post made me laugh. Reminded me of a Seinfeld episode.

Love you, Little Sis!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

lol! you guys are funny. i hope you don't really think i am way down in the dumps!

this person is Super Blunt Woman, just like me, and was being brutally honest about her expectations for my role as her entertainer. for her sake, and yours, and to reduce guilt, and increase sanity, i will try to post more frequently!

and if i see another person with cartoonish appendages, they are totally fair game. i have a heart of stone.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kandace said...

The Shrek comment was too funny. I loved it. SO there.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home