< Upheaval: Worry wart

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Worry wart

I believe that most things that you worry about never happen. Because of that, I try to worry about everything.

For instance, Dillon was quite the unhappy baby last week. Totally different from my little smiley guy (Guy Smiley? Was that on a TV show??)

I worried that someone had come and switched babies one night while we all slept. I worried that there was a neurological problem. I worried that there was a developmental problem. I watched him like a hawk. He cried when he was put down. He cried when he was held. He cried when he was supposed to be sleeping. I worried that I wasn't going to like this new baby as much as my old baby.

Well, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. I get my old baby back! We just have to wait for the antibiotics to take care of the severe ear infections, first!

So, like every other mother, I guess I need to be worrying about regular, old illnesses, too. Then maybe we won't have them!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Ahhhhhhhh, Worryus Wartus runs in the family.

Funny how we never think of the simple problems it could be and instead imagine running to the emergency room.

Glad my nephew has some drugs to feel better!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Yes, Guy Smiley is/was a character on Sesame Street who hosted game shows.

Glad you're getting your happy little guy back, and that he's feeling better!

11:56 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

I think when you become a mother the part of your brain that used to remember things like "what you entered a room for" is replaced with a fully functional worry-generating mechanism. If nothing big is going on, we find little things to worry about. It's just the way it is, I think.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Man...put the links back up! How am I supposed to get to my own blog? :)

Just kidding. I like to lurk at other people's and occasionally post. It's tough to go through your past blogs to find their names...

Help a sister out!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Guy Smiley! HA HA HA! It's been a long time since I've seen that orange fella.

6:58 AM  
Blogger koyama said...

This one going down in the '"mommy'" book for future reference. Worrying is my middle name! I can relate...

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home