< Upheaval: Did you slip me a mickey?

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Did you slip me a mickey?

I have always heard that turkey had some sort of sedating effect, and I have eaten it many times without really noticing that result, but today was totally different.

We ate at my grandmother's house, watched football, and had civilized conversation. (Mine is one of the few families I know of that has alcohol-free gatherings, so there are no brawls or liquor induced "truth tellings" about relatives.) Things were winding down, and I had hit the dessert table twice. We unbuttoned our jeans, packed up our things, and loaded up for the four minute drive home.

Once we got to the house, we put Dillon down for a much-needed nap, and Daniel and I raced to the bedroom. (Um, no. Not for that. We are way beyond that. We wanted SLEEP!)

I fell asleep and had abundant dreams. My dad bought me plastic and foam jewelry. Daniel was leaving me to move to the Caribbean. My fingers broke off and I had to use forks instead, Edward Scissorhands style.

I had hours of sleep. Three, to be exact. Daniel got up with Dillon and let me nap. And nap. And nap. He finally woke me up because we were an hour late to a social engagement and he wanted to know if we were still going. My mind was all foggy and thick. My back hurt cause I hadn't moved during my sleep.

Man, that felt good. And I am thankful! For my house, my bed, my pillow, my family, and the opportunity to be a glutton and a sloth, all in the same day.

2 Comments:

Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Ah, the glories of tryptophan!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

She's mentioned football in at least two blogs. She must be OK!
Hey. Thanks for the reality blog about Thanksgiving. Ours is almost over. Later!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home