< Upheaval: Hobby Lobby: An Outlet Store, or Just First-Hand Junk?

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hobby Lobby: An Outlet Store, or Just First-Hand Junk?

You know how some people have categories on their blogs? Like "Baby Stuff" and "Rants" and "My Battle Against Foot Odor?" Well, I think I need categories now.

I have blogged so many times about Hobby Lobby that they deserve their own category on my blog.

I went in today to scout their Christmas leftover sale. It is up to 66% off now, which is not much cheaper than it was three weeks ago, but I thought I would look.

Every single item on the Christmas aisles was broken. Or scratched. Or damaged. It was like shopping at an outlet store. I looked around for a sign: "Some items have flaws and minor imperfections that lend character to these unique treasures!"

But it wasn't there. No sign. Just a jumble of pitiful Christmas leftovers. And don't tell me that it would have been better if I had gone right after Christmas. The quality of stuff in that store just irks me.

That is my complaint for the day.

That, and the fact that I found spiky black hairs in my cute pink razor this morning. But I think I will have to take that up with someone else.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA...funny that Daniel used a pink razor. I'm totally remembering that for when I see him next!

Hobby Lobby is a GardenRidge with less fake plants and more plaster decor. I look at the stuff on the clearance shelves often wondering what woman is going to buy it, then "fix" the hole, scratch, dent, or missing part. Perhaps that's when you buy the crappy clearance item and just turn it around on the display to hide the glaring flaw.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teehee couldn't help but smile while reading this post =)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home