< Upheaval: Conversation

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Conversation

Big D: Hey, baby - where is my toothbrush?

Me: (busy playing on the internet) What? I don't know. Why would I know? It is your toothbrush!

Big D: Well, I didn't move it, so it must have been you or Dillon.

Me: Well, it wasn't me. And it wasn't Dillon. I watch him all the time! I know when he gets into stuff. He has only ever messed with the toothbrush drawer one time!

Big D: Okaaaay. (Said in a smarmy voice that let me know he doesn't believe me.) I'll get a new one.

Seconds pass...

Big D: Hey, baby?

Me: What?

Big D: Are these your wedding rings over here on the floor with his puzzles?

I look at the computer desk right in front of me and discover that, yes, my rings are missing.

Me:
Uh. I guess. Maybe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sneaky little buggers, aren't they? And it's always the things that we don't notice until we need them... :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

They always take things you'd least expect.

Didja ever find the toothbrush or was Dillon just stuck with the blame? pooooor baby boy...

9:26 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

um, yeah.

it was under the bed.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Heheh. My Goddaughter once swiped her mom's credit card from her purse at a store. She pocketed it and carried it home and hid it in her toybox for a couple of weeks. Mom had gotten her new card in the mail when Lexie came out of her room with a matching card saying "me cwedit cowd too mama."

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. The things you find under the bed....

pssst! I've tagged you with a new meme. See my post from June 9.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home