< Upheaval: Gadgets, again

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Gadgets, again

Me: You didn't tell me.

Him: Tell you what?

Me: *sigh* Before all this started, you didn't tell me about all the gadgets.

Him: Oh. But you should have known.

Me: How?

Him: Well, number one, I am a man. And number two, I am Asian.

************

We got a new car.

Okay, okay - not a "car." It is a mini-van. A mommy-mobile. It is the most gadgety thing you have ever seen. The doors all open and close by themselves, the seats fold down into nothing, there are compartments for everything under the sun. There is room for Dillon to have a step-stool to help him into his seat. There is room for Dillon to get a running start before flinging himself across the backseat and giggling like a maniac.

We love it. As hokey as it sounds, we are going from a compact VW to something with space! And built-in grocery bag hooks!

Daniel, the gadget-man, is enthralled. He is trying to come up with a name for it. Not just any name though. A name befitting the ultimate Transformer, because that is what he is telling himself this is, in order to still walk away feeling cool.

Any suggestions? Optimus Prime is taken.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

Hey, wait a minute! I didn't realize there was a genetic connection between Asian genes and gadgets. I've been married to an Asian man for seven years--how did I not make this connection before? The Disney thing, yes, definitely--those Japanese genese kicking in. But gadgets? The light bulb comes on!

Oh yeah, congrats on the new gadget!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

How about Van Diesel? *snort*

Okay, it doesn't take diesel fuel but if it DID...

Damomma calls hers Loser Cruiser which doesn't seem too nice and is probably a reason hers ran over her child's carseat :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger cthompson said...

Oh how fun for you!! I am so glad Jay hasn't made me go to one-LOL. I do love them, the gadgets and fun things they do, but I think it is the thought of having one. Anyway, congrats on your new car. It is always fun to get a new one!!!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new gadget!

BTW, I just tagged you with the 8 random facts meme.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home