< Upheaval: Point taken

Friday, August 10, 2007

Point taken

I know I rant about it a lot, but it seems like laundry is exploding out of my ears here at the Johnson House. Dillon and I wear normal amounts of clothing, but Daniel, in one day, can wear as many as three pairs of jeans/BDUs, three shirts, and three pairs of socks and underwear. Actually, he doesn't have a choice at all, but it still drives me crazy!

This morning I was "fluffing" up a load of jeans before I pulled them out of the dryer. The buttons and snaps were clinking louder than usual on the dryer drum as it flipped them around. I pulled the door open to have a look and pulled the jeans out.

What did I find in the dryer?

HMMMMMM?????

How about a big, brassy, pointy, scary BULLET?????

Probably something you should not heat up and then toss violently in a spinning metal drum, don'tcha think? I don't know much about bullets, but I know enough to turn and run out of the laundry room.

And in the near future? I think the laundry will be piling up a bit as Daniel figures out how to sort and wash his own things.

7 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Yikes! What a scare! However, it wasn't all bad, since it resulted in relinquishing part of the laundry load to your other half.

The worst laundry related disaster I've had was when I washed my husband's cell phone, but since there was no physical danger involved, I suppose I got off easy. :)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I would hope it would take more than the heat of a dryer, and some bouncing around to fire a bullet, but then again, I dont know much about fire arms either. Yikes! Guess you can never be too careful. I usually love it when I hear extra clinking in my dryer (but then again my husband is a computer nerd), usually means some change Darrell left in his pockets. That's the only time this mamma gets paid for working.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I would've FREAKED OUT. Thankfully, the only things clanking around in my dryer are change and random keys from random computer keyboards.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Dang. I wouldn't want the laundry washing gig at your house either!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've had the same experience! It freaked me out, too! Luckily, my dryer didn't explode, either. :) It really does make you check pockets a little more thoroughly before you wash things, though, doesn't it? :)

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! That would be a little nerve racking to me.

I hate to scare you, but can you imagine how laundry will be when your new addition arrives? Smart move having Daniel sort and wash his own laundry....

1:35 PM  
Blogger Phillilp said...

Ha! It is only a small crowd of us who can say that has happened to them too--and it has happened at our house, more than once.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home