< Upheaval: Hush

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hush

It is quiet at my house. Dillon is sleeping. With his glorified man-purse stuffed with puzzle pieces.

Daniel is at a friend's house watching The Game.

I just ate a bowl of grapes, and am contemplating a chocolate and vanilla swirl ice cream nightcap.

The washer is on spin cycle, but that is the only sound I can hear besides the keys of my keyboard. There is none of the television that usually fills up the background. There is none of the screaming, crying, or constant teeth grinding that I hear all day at work. There is no cell phone ringing, no radio, and no siren or traffic.

Just quiet.

And I think I'll take it while I can get it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

This is a great post. I love Dillon's man-purse. So appropriate for him!

My husband watched The Game too, but I bet yours was happy with the outcome. Mine wasn't.

You're right--appreciate the peace and quiet while you can!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I love his man-purse! He'll never be teased for having that.

Ever.

9:24 AM  
Blogger louann said...

Peace and Quiet is just an awesome experience when you've had enough of all that "noise."

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home