< Upheaval: A little change never hurt anyone

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A little change never hurt anyone

Daniel plays church league softball on Tuesday nights. He gets home well after Dillon is snug in his bed, and sometimes even after I hit the hay.

Last night, he got home a little early, and we were chatting as I got ready for bed. Here is our conversation:

D: Hey, baby? Did you see the change that was on my nightstand earlier? It isn't there now.

A: Hmmmm... nope. I didn't see any money, and I don't even think I have been in the bedroom.

D: Huh. Cause Dillon was playing with it earlier, and now it isn't there.

*Deliberate pause. Stony stare from A to D.*

A: Seriously? He was PLAYING with it, and now it isn't there? What do you think he did with it?

D: I don't know!! That is why I asked you!

A: Most two-year-olds put coins in their mouth. That is what I think he did!

D: He doesn't eat money! I have never seen him eat money!

A: That is because he has never played with money before! I am vigilant about making sure he doesn't play with choking hazards!

The "discussion" went on. Of course, I won, and D saw the error of his ways. I went to bed.

This morning, I was fixing my hair in the bathroom. Daniel was getting ready for work and Dillon was tearing around the house, talking and generally showing what a morning person he is.

I heard Daniel's voice coming from our bedroom:

Hey, buddy? Remember last night when you were playing with my money? What did you do with it? Do you remember? Where did you put it?

Dillon's little-man voice: "I dunno, Daddy!"

Daniel tries again: "Where is the money? The coins? Where are they?"

By now I am snorting in the bathroom cause their exchange is too hilarious. As if Dillon could answer the stream of questions Daniel is firing at him. AS IF.

I peek in the bedroom and Dillon is staring wide-eyed at his daddy: "Wid da money go? Wi did it go, Daddy? I dunno! Wi izzit?"

Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick, Watson. I predict they will solve (and probably create) a lot of mysteries together.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

HAHAHA. Now THAT is funny. I can totally see Dillon's face full of concern and wonder about this change his Daddy is so worked up about. Did he look all around, palms out, squatting under the bed for a looksee? Daddy's little helper.

If there's change to be comin from Dillon, be sure to tell Daniel to save it. Remember he couldn't believe I didn't save the barrette that took a journey through Bella.

9:04 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Ah, the joys of 2 year olds and their oral fixations. I have yet to encounter Jadyn's bottom as a mini-ATM, but there have been some Crayola-sponsored diaper changes.

I can't wait till this phase is done!

1:13 PM  
Blogger louann said...

So so cute!! I love your stories about Dillon--what a cute little man!

BTW, I still have my blog. I just changed my URL.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi -- thanks for visiting! This post cracked me up. It sound like a typical conversation in our house. :)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanted to verify that I really stopped in.

12:31 PM  
Blogger heidillydoo said...

Hey! I finally posted again!!! Complete with belly shots! ANNND I've been wondering about your pregnancy, but I haven't been able to comment until now because I didn't have a google account. You really should change that!!! :p

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home