< Upheaval: New guy

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

New guy

There aren't very many shows that Daniel and I watch on a regular basis, but for the past few years, we have watched Law and Order: SVU. (Because, in case you didn't know it, I am Olivia Benson.)

This season has brought the addition of newcomer Adam Beach, who apparently went to acting school with Ice-T and the guy who played Steve Urkel. Seriously? We are considering quitting the show because of him. It is so aggravating!

Didn't they have auditions? Did they not notice that the guy kept reading his lines off the palm of his hand? Did they not notice that his facial expressions are forced and vary only between "contemplative" and "aggressive?" Did they not notice that he makes the "s" sound clenching his jaw and breathing, so that everything sounds like "shhh?"

I think we are gonna have to retire S(h)VU in favor of something else. Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

What a shame, we rarely watch CSI Miami for similar issues. Our favorites these days (in similar category) would be NCIS and The Unit. :D Happy Thanksgiving!

11:23 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

We are big into Journeyman and Life, both newcomers on NBC this season.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I highly suggest Chuck. Have you seen it? My husband and I are totally in to it now. It's like a comedy drama. Funny and then intense. Check it out.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I couldn't get my email to work to reply back to you, so I'm cheating...

PLEASE come see my baby girl! The only days that are not great are Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Other than that, call me when you're on your way and I'll make dinner!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ice t steve urkle????????
f*9)cking bullshit

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home