< Upheaval: Still here

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Still here

Yep. I am still here. I have been a little whiny lately, and who wants to read about all my gripes? Probably not you. And I don't want to write them! I am so blessed to be pregnant! It is an amazing gift from God. But lemme curse Eve for her poor decision making skills, cause the pain of labor comes weeks before the actual labor.

I'll have a c-section on Thursday, the 24th. Then our little girl will be here! We are working hard on preparing Dillon. We talk about it every day and read stories about new brothers and sisters. He puts his mouth against my belly and shouts "Helllloooo, bobby!" ("Bobby" is his word for baby, and it is too dang cute to correct, okay?) My sister suggested getting him a little doctor kit for when he comes to visit us in the hospital, so he won't be weirded out that mommy is in a bed and can't move and has staples in her stomach.

So, that is what is going on here. We won't talk about the sciatica, the severe cough, the pleurisy, the tailbone pain, or the overall fatigue.

Dangit, Eve!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Hahaha! I pray that all goes well with the newest arrival of your family! If this is your second c-section, I think you'll be SHOCKED at how much EASIER it is than the first one! I was up and moving around in no time!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh, yeah--I've wanted to have words with Eve a time or two myself! Hang in there; you're almost to the finish line! (Okay, well it's really the starting line, but that's the beginning of a whole different race, right?) God bless this last sprint of your pregnancy. (And the doctor's kit sounds like a perfect idea; how creative!)

3:26 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

I am so stinkin' excited for you! It will all be worth it!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my! i will be thinking of you on the 24th! how exciting!

and by the way, fluffy referred to himself as 'Bobby' for ages and ages. he couldn't say his own name and Bobby was his word for baby. it was adorable if not a little confusing on the playground when fluffy would say, "Bobby wants a drink" and other mothers would look at me questioningly and say, Is Bobby his brother?

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home