< Upheaval: Don't cry over spilled....

Friday, January 14, 2005

Don't cry over spilled....

... urine. That is right. Don't cry about it because that doesn't help the situation and you look even more like a bumbling idiot.


I went to the doctor today for that little ten-footed-secret-that I can't keep secret anymore. Of course, I have to pee in a cup so they can do their own tests. I am shaking like a leaf because this is a stressful thing, even when you are as cool as I am.


At my doctor's office, the bathroom has this little cubby in the wall where you place your "specimin" when you are done. A secret gnome retrieves it from the other side when you are done, but your job is to get it into the cubby.


This proved to be difficult for me. I was concerned about peeing too much in the cup, because I could just imagine what they would write in my chart: "pisses like a racehorse." So I peed a tiny bit, put the cup down, finished peeing, performed basic hygeine rituals, pulled my pants up, flushed, then washed my hands. I picked up the pee-pee cup and headed toward the cubby.


I opened the door with my left hand and had the pee-pee cup in my right. The cubby door, which is springloaded with a trampoline spring, slipped from my left hand and hit my right hand, so the cup of pee-pee spilled all over the floor and my shoe. There were about three molecules of urine left in the cup, so I can imagine what they will put in my chart now: "pees like a tiny mouse."


But, after all of that stress, the nurse said I was right - I am pregnant!

4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

HOORRAYYYYY!!!!

I'm so excited for you! I want to drive to Nac this weekend just to feel your belly! I mean, I know it's annoying when people want to feel your belly all the time, but IT'S ME, AMANDA, AND I LIKE TO FEEL PREGNANT PEOPLE'S BELLIES. even when nothing is going on and the little baby is the size of a peanut.

you're going to be such a cute pregnant person. i love you!

were you guys trying, or is this a surprise?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

YIP-PEEEE!!! Get it? PEEEEE??

You'll get to be a pro at the peepee cup thing. Just wait till they eyeball it and tell you they prefer a more pastel shade rather than canary yellow. Then you get the implied "DRINK MORE WATER" raised brow.

I am so excited for you that I could just about throw up for you!! I mean, this is ALMOST as exciting as when I was pregnant! But luckily, this time it really WILL be someone else and not me waiting in the hospital for the baby to come out, wishing someone else was having my baby at that moment. YAY!!

I have to get back to the Pregnancy, Volume I that I'm writing for you.

I'm so proud of you , lil' sis!!! Oh, and, way to go Daniel...WOO WOO WOO!! (isn't that what guys do?)

8:44 PM  
Blogger cthompson said...

WOW!! That is awesome, I am so happy for you. I hope I get a chance to baby sit...Can't wait to tell Jacie.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate.....I had the same "spillage" episode happen when I was pregnant (only I spilled in my purse, which was sitting on the floor--eeewww)! Those "trap" doors really shouldn't be that powerful!!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home