< Upheaval: Sitting on babies, Part II

Friday, February 11, 2005

Sitting on babies, Part II

The gig is up tomorrow night at about 10. This has been a LONG week. The boys have been really good, but I wanted to share a few things I have learned over the course of this experience:

1. Boys from Wisconsin call their privates a "wanker."

2. Brothers fight, even in their sleep. (i.e. "I'm telling, Ben! REALLY, I will tell!" are comments made by people who are awake or asleep.)

3. Boys can exist for days at a time on hotdogs and cereal when their babysitter is too exhausted to cook real food.

4. Little boys like their babysitter to join them in the bathtub with her clothes on.

5. SpongeBob SquarePants is not funny or cute or appropriate for children.

6. When a four-year-old punches you in the stomach, and you pretend to cry, he will rub your tummy and say "Sorry, Baby."

7. When I have three children, they will go to the same school (if possible) and not three different schools in different areas of town.

8. Driving a Suburban is the equivalent of driving a school bus, except you don't have the reverse beeping sound.

Overall, we have had fun, but I am tired and ready for my own bed, with my husband by my side and my dog on the floor. I want to sleep late on Saturdays and not have to wake up to fix a breakfast buffet for the waiting army. I want to take a bath without boys coming in and shaking their "wanker" at me. I want my name to not be whined (Miss Amaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaa) every other time it is said. Mostly, next time, I want to go someplace tropical and leave the kids behind!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Amen! Isn't it great! :) Well done!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Boys are funny. Wonder if you're having a boy...

I swore we were gonna have a boy, then God said "Ha! You get a overly sensitive girly-girl, just like you!"

And I love her :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I cannot even IMAGINE Isabella being a boy! She is so exactly you-n-heath combined - can't wait to see her in two weeks!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home