< Upheaval: Remedy

Monday, March 28, 2005

Remedy

I have sciatica! It is driving me crazy! I cannot deal with chronic pain! It has been over a month! Do I get to do this for the rest of my life?!

Because of the afore-mentioned affliction, I purchased what is known as a "body pillow" this weekend. That means that there is no longer room for my husband in the bed with me. Instead of five little pillows supporting parts of my body, I now have a pillow that is the size of a Ford Focus. Except that it has a red velvet pillow case. And it is softer.

I would awaken in the middle of the night, climb to the top of the pillow, and peer over to see Daniel, clinging desperately to the edge of the mattress. He is a big guy, but he was easily over-classed by the pillow.

So far, it hasn't helped my sciatica, but I have had some pretty wild dreams involving giant tootsie rolls.

5 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

sciatica! :( that must be super uncomfortable. is it because you're pregnant?

i used to have a body pillow. since i slept with it every night, i would call it my "husband," but not in a gross way, because it's a pillow.

then, when roger and i married, he made me divorce it.

i hope that your back feels better soon! :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

it is partly because i am pregnant, and partly because a month ago, i took a nap on the loveseat, as if i were a petite person.

i am not petite, and now i learned my lesson.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Ouch! My mom just had back surgery due to Sciatic Nerve damage - She has told me often how painful it is, I'll say a little prayer for you...

6:34 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I'm so sorry, sis. It should go away once you've had the baby. I had it from mid-pregnancy till Isabella was born, and it was gone within days of having her. I believe it is due to pressure caused by your little one and all that heshe is in/around?

Red velvet body pillow? Dang. That's pretty sassy!

Poor Daniel...just tell him to hang in there! ha

Ask Green Eyes on Wed if he has any suggestions.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm still sorry that you are continuously hurting... but at least now you have a body pillow! That is the greatest invention of mankind... especially when pregnant. You will come to adore yours as I have loved mine. Unfortunately, I loved it so much I had to buy a new one.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home