< Upheaval: Gas and Sparkle

Monday, July 25, 2005

Gas and Sparkle

I was very disappointed in the lame participation of blogger community last week, so I boycotted (very maturely) and refused to post. I hope you all suffered greatly.

Because of that, now I feel the need to post something. Also, one of my ghost-readers emailed me requesting a new post. So let me just let you know how it is...

I have a severe pain in my left side. I cannot walk upright, rather, I look like a hunchy old lady. It does not help that I am constantly grimacing in pain. I am not sure what this pain is all about, but I think it can be traced back to Mexican food on Saturday night. When the pain flares up, which happens every few minutes, I gasp and my eyes bug out of my head. The eye bugging is like non-verbal cussing. But that is a secret for only you and me.

In this state, I went to Walmart. I had to pick up a few essentials, and a lot of other stuff, so that my total was almost $100. One of the essentials was paper towels. I would like to let you know that I love paper towels. Particularly, Kleenex Viva or Bounty. These paper towels are great! They are soft, and you can tear them into different sizes, and you can rinse and reuse, if you really want to. I love these kinds of paper towels.

I do not love Sparkle paper towels, which are rough and cheap and scrapey. But those are the kind I bought. I bypassed the eight-roll package of bathtowel Bounty and got the big package of sandbox Sparkle. This is because I am shortly going to be without a paycheck and I am trying to be a good steward of our money.

So, if you come to my house, please don't comment on our paper towels. It is obviously a sore spot with me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have to have Bounty Select-A-Size. I feel I must have some control over the size of my paper towels.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I too have been sold on Bounty Select-A-Size. They had me at "hello".

3:14 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I do not care so much about paper towels, but I do require good TP. We will splurge on Charmin Ultra Big Roll every time. And to be fair to our little diaper diva, we splurge for her hiney as well and only buy Pampers.

Okay, we also only buy Blue Bell Ice Cream for our tastebuds.

And Hershey's syrup.

And organic milk.

Wonder why grocery shopping is so dang expensive?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

trane - don't forget the GAS! i posted about gas too!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You dear sweet woman! I am so with you on this, and the fact that you'll publicly admit your thoughts about scrapey paper towel just makes me like you more.

I hope you're feeling better.

7:45 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

My sister is very "thrifty." The paper towels we buy? Slim Price. I kid you not.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

you guys are all very sweet with the well-wishing, etc. i am actually home from "work" today cause i still feel yucky. that, and it seemed like a fun alternative to staring at my work computer and fighting the urge to play on the internet.

slim price? are those almost like the mardi gras brand? here is the hierarchy in my mind:

*real fabric
*kleenex viva
*bounty select a size
*brawny
*scott
*sparkle
*mardi gras
*store brand (you can actually see wood chips in these individual sheets)

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. that was me. i was just helping a friend edit her template. :) sorry!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

why do you think i posted this jes? i knew you would pick up on the subtle suggestion. :)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home