< Upheaval: Advertising attempt

Friday, August 19, 2005

Advertising attempt

You know how, when you go to Red Lobster, you scarf about six of those Cheddar Bay biscuits before your food even gets to the table? Then you choke down whatever seafood you ordered, cause it is so darn expensive and you feel bad for filling up on the free stuff?

Well, I would like to solve your problem. Let's cut out the middle man.

We all know that the restaurant itself is just the middle man. Would you really go there if it weren't for the biscuits, or would you just pick any other ol' seafood place?

Let me introduce you to Pillsbury Oven-Baked Cheddar Garlic biscuits. These biscuits come in a freezer bag, so you can cook 1 or 2 or 10 at a time. They taste so much like the R.L.C.B. biscuits, that I have decided that this is what R.L. is really giving us.

So go get some!

And, Pillsbury, I am watching for my commission check in the mail.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

We ONLY ate there out of pure love for Becca but I have to admit those biscuits are dang good. Perhaps I will give Pillsbury a try and they won't smell like seafood! Yay!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thanks for passing on this great bit of information - we love those biscuits. We also love seafood but there are a lot better seafood restaurants in the area, they just don't have the cheddar garlic biscuits! LOL Now we can make them at home! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

yeah! make them at home and put them in your purse. then go eat at the better seafood place, and ignore the stares of others as you bring out your own basket with napkin covered biscuits. let em drool.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Yes! I hate RL, but LOVE me some cheddar biscuits. Remember my post about the redneck restaurant with the pregnant waitress? The one where J.P. had to bribe me with an offer of a backrub? Yep, that was about Red Lobster. I've always wondered why a *seafood* restaurant has the crappiest seafood around.

SO glad you've solved this little problem.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

YUM. I hadn't seen these, so thanks for sharing, AS!!

I used to have a recipe for some, back in the day, but it's been lost for years. They were made with Bisquick.

My mouth is beginning to water.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

they are delish. and way easier than making them with bisquick.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Guilty as stuffed!
Looks like I'm the only male on this one. (I'm YankeeAmanda's husband.)
Sounds like a plan. I've always wondered how they did that.
Humm...
No obvious direct connection between Darden Restaurants and Pillsbury, but who knows!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Ohhhh ROCKIN!!! I must get these asap.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those bisquits are the ONLY thing I like about Red Lobster. Thanks for the info. I'm going to Kroger right now....

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home