< Upheaval: Honey dos and honey don'ts

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Honey dos and honey don'ts

Daniel has created for himself a mammoth list of things to do. These things vary from "mow the yard" to "pay off vet bill." I have added a few things to his list, but the majority of these projects are his own. I think it is his way of handling his baby anxiety, but that is beside the point.

I knew my sweetheart had a lot to do today, so I came home from work to help him work in the yard and get a few things accomplished. (My list is short, and continues getting shorter because I work on it.)

Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to my house, and cannot park in the driveway because of the extra vehicles there. I cannot pull into the carport because a circular saw and multiple pieces of wood are strewn about.

I admit, I am a little naive as I think, "Maybe he and his friends are building me shelves for my laundry room! Not on his list, but definitely something he has been telling me he would do for a while!"

The boys are standing around the carport sweating. I walk closer, then realize the extent of my naivity. They are building washer boards. OF COURSE! Just what we have needed.

It must have been in the fine print at the bottom of his list.

12 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

washer boards? i have never heard of such a thing.

i think shelves would have been a much better option.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um, what? I have no idea what those are, either.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

that is why i attached a picture. city dwellers are probably not aware of this redneck dart game played at outdoor gatherings in all of rural america.

anyway, we really DID NOT need washer boards.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh! Heath soooooooo wants some washer boards! But our to-do list is so long, he just chooses to watch TV instead.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

maybe daniel can make him some for christmas. it is going to take him that long to get his chores done and get out of the dog house, i think...

2:31 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

that's a DART game? i never would have thought so, looking at the picture. i thought that maybe you threw balls into the holes, sort of like skee ball.

except certainly not as fun.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

mmkay...

not REALLY a dart game, but the same principle. you throw washers (large metal disks) into the holes for points and try to get to 21.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

what is skee ball?

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Skee ball is that game where you toss the balls into the inclined platform with circles and holes on it.

Washers are WAY more fun. Especially several drinks later. So I've heard.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Skee ball = the best game available at Chucky Cheese's....:) Those were the days!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Hmmm . . . could you get some cinder blocks and turn them into shelves? I bet you could find some nice candles that fit perfectly in the holes.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I LOVE Skee ball. It's the only thing I can ever play at Dave & Busters, besides Dance, Dance Revolution. But that makes me sweat.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home