< Upheaval: Mambo Number Five

Monday, September 26, 2005

Mambo Number Five

This song has been in my head since Hurricane Rita became a main topic of conversation. Why does my brain retain this useless information? Why can I not remember the name of the lady who sits behind me in church, but I know every lyric to this irritating song?

Join me now:

Ladies and gentleman
This is Mambo Number Five!

One, two, three-four-five!
Everybody in the car, so come on let's ride
To the liquor store around the corner (coh-nah)
The boys said he want some gin and juice
But I really don't wanna
Get a buzz like I had last week
I must stay me, cause talk is cheap.
I like Angela, Pamela, Sandra, and Rita
And as they continue
You know they gettin' sweeter.
So what can I do?
I really thank you my Lord.
To me flirting is just like a sport
Anything fly, it's all good.
Let me jump in and send in the trumpet -

A little bit of Monica in my life
A little bit of Erica by my side
A little bit of Rita's all I need
A little bit of Tina is what I seek
A little bit of Sandra in the sun
A little bit of Mary all night long
A little bit of Jessica here I am
A little bit of you makes me your man.

Okay, I am not putting all the lyrics on here, but I want you to join me in mentally singing this song during every waking moment. I promise, the rewards are great!

12 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Oh Amanda Sue you didn't.

Yep, it's stuck. Much like the Macarena this song needs to DIE.

Thanks, I will now be singing this in my head all day long.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

How's mommy and baby doing?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

we are a-okay!

we are now un-displaced persons, and have returned to home sweet home. :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I sure hope this isn't the lullaby you've picked for Dillon, cuz I might have a problem with that...

10:56 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

i like the fact that my name is mentioned in this song.

i don't like my word verification:
jfrjljfw

what is THAT???

11:30 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Amanda...

Sorry it's taken so long to say CONGRATULATIONS! I had a blogging break but know that I knew and was so excited to hear of Dillins birth.!! I just caught up on all your blogs and hand in their girl. Motherhood is full of the holding back the tears, wanting someone to just take care of us... even for an hour, and all the emoional ups and downs that just comes with having children! Anyways... I am babbling but just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been trying to sing it, but I cannot get the "I Dream Of Jeannie" theme song out of my head today.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Are you dry out there in "East Texas"? Saw pictures of Nac on the Dallas News website. Looks like you got some rain!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

sydney - thank you sweetie! not much longer for you, eh?

amstaff - we are dry and HOT. it rained for one day, and blasted wind all over the place, but we are back to our usual september weather now. except that the yard is a wreck!

bvyyew (bee view)

1:15 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

amanda:

i L.O.V.E.D. the pic of Dillon in your arms. your arms? i don't know whose arms.

he's so adorable and tiny! tell us about him! does he cry? loud or quiet? does he know his momma? how does he do with daniel? have your houseguests left? any funny (absurd) stories yet about things he has done? or, since he is so little and probably hasn't done much yet :), maybe stories of something that you and daniel have done as new parents?

inquiring minds (mine) want to know!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

he wasn't in MY arms. my arms were strapped to the operating table, shaking uncontrollably from the drugs that were in my system. i didn't even hold him till about 9 hours after he was born!

lemme work on a post that answers all of your questions!

12:49 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Curse you for putting that song in my head. Now I'll have that stuck in my head at all hours of the day and night! (Since I'm up feeding then.)

It took them 9 hours to give you your baby after the c-section? Man, I thought I had it bad at 3 hours!!!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home