< Upheaval: Bookworm

Friday, January 13, 2006

Bookworm

Tracey recommended Life of Pi, and I finished it last night. Late last night. Gotta read that whole last section at once - there is NO PUTTING IT DOWN. I really enjoyed this book! It had an intriguing ending that made you want to flip to page one and read it again from a different point of view. That is so rare in a novel. I can really see this becoming a timeless classic, read over and over and analyzed in high school English classes. (Vanessa! You gotta read this if you haven't yet!)

I really like to hear what other people have to say about books. Not enough that I would join a book club, cause who has time for that? However, a good recommendation helps me not to waste my time on things I wouldn't enjoy. Like A Million Little Pieces. But I am not bitter about that. Promise.

So, these are next on my reading list. What do you think?

1) John Irving's A Son of the Circus
2) Arthur Golden's Memoirs of a Geisha
3) Elizabeth Berg's The Art of Mending

8 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

Sorry I can't be any help...I haven't read any of those. :-(

2:42 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I haven't read any of those either. But I hope you enjoy them!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I love to read, but haven't in years. Maybe I'll add it to my new year resolution list. Bet it'll get done too!

4:44 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

I read memoires of a Geisha about 4 years ago and thought it was amazing - read the book before watching the movie though. Saw it last night and it was really good too!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Ok, I realise how obvious it is that I read the book before the Movie. It's friday and my brain is on weekend mode..!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a huge Irving fan. If you haven't read it, try A Widow For One Year, by Irving. It's my favorite. I'll read Life of Pi now that you've recommended it. Thanks. I just started The Historian last night and I like it already. (Sorry, but I don't know how to italisize in comments.)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

V - i have Widow, and i liked it, but my favorite Irving is Owen Meaney. Have you read it?

jenn - you should read. esp something besides single word board books, mmmkay?

koy - glad to hear a good plug for MOAG. can't wait to read it!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Give an overview of "Life of Pi"...wouldja?

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home