< Upheaval: Extreme disappointment

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Extreme disappointment

I have recently begun watching America's Funniest Videos on Sunday evenings for a couple of different reasons.

1) There is always something to laugh at.

2) The new announcer is so much better than Bob Saget.

3) I can leave the room and not miss much of the plot.

Imagine my disappointment when I settled in tonight to play with Dillon on the floor. I turned on the television to have AFV in the background, only to discover that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is on instead.

What is this? Why is this show always two hours long? Can we rename the show, please? I have a couple of suggestions.

Extremely Long Makeover: Home Edition

Extreme Makeover: Long Edition

Extreme Makeover: Editions 1 and 2

Excruciating Makeover: Will they finish in time?

Extreme Makeover: How to Beat a Dead Horse

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Ooooooooh I like the last one, but probably a future episode involves a family who's horse died, so maybe that wouldn't work.

7:29 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

I can't agree more!! I was thinking that EXACT though at the gym yesterday watching it on tv. The 10-year-long makeover. AHhHhhhhh!!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

That's why I love TiVo. I can spend ten minutes watching the heart-wrenching back story. Then--*blip-blip-blip*--fast forward to the reveal. All of the tears and none of the tedium.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Ha Ha, I like your titles better for sure.

7:23 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

ha! i like your titles. though i must say that the company i work for participated in this project and built a home for a family, and so by default i am not allowed to say anything negative about it. :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't watched the show, but I've seen the last couple of minutes of it, waiting for "Desperate Housewives" (I Can't believe I just admitted I watch that) anyway, I think it should be called Sappy Show. That's all they do is cry. Not for me.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I usually only watch the last 15 minutes of the show since the rest bores me.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm with Sharkey....Love Tivo... i catch the beginning and bop to the end!

12:35 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Is it just me, or has that show becoming increasingly cheesy? Like, Ty is gonna "call a friend" who just happens to be a famous country music star who just happens to have a hole in his/her schedule to come sing at some fundraiser for the down-on-their-luck family? Yeah, OH SO spontaneous. Way to go.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home