< Upheaval

Friday, April 14, 2006

I went and saw my friend in the hospital today. She has had her fourth baby boy!

I suppose by the fourth delivery, you pretty much have it down. Her hair was perfect. Her makeup was flawless. She pushed for a few minutes while the doctor watched a NASCAR race on the television at her feet.

And then he was here - baby number four!

But no matter how many times you go through it, it is still amazing. It is still a miracle. This tiny person, with his squinty eyes and man-hands, is NEW. His skin is so soft - untouched yet by the harshness of the world. His tiny voice trills from his throat, and is so loud in his mother's heart. She has waited her whole life for him. And he is here!

Welcome to the world, baby boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Awww...what a sweet post! Makes me all warm n' fuzzy about the upcoming birth of my he/she :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Happy Birthday baby!!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger koyama said...

Yay! That is so great. My great friend who is my 'friend with kids' lives far away......but I know all my other girlfriends are on their way.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home