< Upheaval: Advice: Five Cents

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Advice: Five Cents

Finally! A brief reprieve from school! This weekend will be full of naps with Dillon and laziness and catching up on blogs. I feel totally left out of everyone's life because I don't get to read about you every hour, on-the-hour.

Speaking of blogging - I was talking to a friend today about my blog, and she helped me realize something. Blogging is free therapy. Seriously!

I put down what I think, feel, like, hate, need, want, fear and envy. You guys give me pats on the back that say, "You are just like US! You are normal! We love you, Amanda Sue!" and I go on with my day feeling like part of the majority. It is just a cheap ego stroke, because, really, if you didn't agree with me, or didn't think I was normal, you would just go on to another blog to read, right?

I don't mind. I am glad you are all like me, or at least ENOUGH like me that you can tolerate what I have to say. And if you aren't like me at all, don't tell me! I rather like my skewed version of reality. And I am sure you don't want to pay for my REAL therapy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh, I'd tell ya, 'cept we are alot alike so we can just keep ego strokin.

You've revealed more of your emotions and troubles than I have cuz you're braver.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Have a great, nap filled weekend!!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

OHhhhhhhhhh...Advice: Five Cents

Is that from Lucy of the Peanuts? HMMM? Do I win?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Amanda-

That will be $100 please. Contact me about where to send it. ;)

What? $100.00 is STILL cheap.

2:05 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

So TRUE! Sometimes I feel I vent a little TOO much, but that is the whole idea I suppose!
I absolutely love reading your posts and hearing from you. HILLARIOUS! Laugther is good medicine. Cheesy, but true.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

You are just like US! You are normal! We love you, Amanda Sue!

It's all true!

Ben McMinn charged $100, but my counselor charge $125. Evidently I'm getting ripped off.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home