< Upheaval: What's next?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What's next?

So this is the fourth week of school. That means things should be calming down, and we should be settled into a routine.

Except that we aren't.

Our routine is simply the lack of predictable routine. That does not bode well for three autistic children and a child who depends on others for assistance with life-sustaining activities, like eating.

The frustration does bring positive results at times.

Today as we moved in a painfully slow herd from one school day event to another, my sweet little red-headed, non-speaking kiddo raced ahead to the end of the hall, threw her hands up, tossed her head back and said "LESHHHH GO! Come on!"

Small victories, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Absolutely small victories are the most rewarding!

I'm so proud of you for the work you do with those children. You really help make a difference in their quality of life.

6:22 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

That's so awesome! Funny how it's the little things that help you see the big picture!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't compare what you do to what I do, but you're not the only one who can't get into an adjusted routine! It's frustrating, but then I have a girl approach me after class and make a very grown-up observation that I never thought I would hear from her. Like you say, small victories.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kandace said...

You and my sister are the same person, I swear!! I wish she had a blog so I could prove it. She also works with autistic children and I get to hear awesome little stories like that all the time.
Ok, so you aren't the same person. You get what I mean.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

so when i am not feeling like myself, am i her?

that explains so MUCH!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home