< Upheaval: Words of wisdom

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Words of wisdom

Dillon is talking up a storm. From the time he opens his eyes in the morning until he curls up to go to sleep, he has a running monologue. I know I am going to forget all of this early babble. It will melt into some understandable set of words, then into sentences. Then he will be telling stories and these sweet little exclamations and questions will be long gone.

I held him on my lap tonight before I tucked him in. We had finished reading our stories, and we were listening to his lullaby bear. He twisted around and gave me a hug. His legs dangled on either side of me. His head rested on my shoulder. He is so big! How did he get this big?

Time has never flown as it is flying now. And I am going to forget all of these words! So I am writing them down, and maybe they won't ever go away.


Dictionary of Dillon
January, 2007

Wizzy-DOH? (Where's the dog?)

Wizzy-BA? (Where's the ball?)

Wizzy-Dah-DEEEEE? (Where's the daddy?)

Dow. Dow!!!! (I want down from my highchair, now, please.)

Mmmm. (That was a good fake bite you gave me!)

Muh. (I want some more, and you won't give it to me till I say "Muh.")

Mah! (Mine!)

DAH! Dah. Dah. DAH!!! (That is my sock! Sock. Sock. SOCK!)

Doo. (Shoe.)

Oh, oh. (Uh-oh!)

Bye! (Either we are leaving, or someone is leaving, or I heard someone say this on the phone, or I am climbing down from the bed, and these are all appropriate times to say "Bye!")

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously? you gotta' RECORD it!

maybe on your computer? (don't ask me, i'm a technical moron)

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

He's talking already?!?!? Man, he IS getting big!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an extensive vocabulary! All the important phrases are there, and now he can use his language skills to bend you to his will!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cute!!! =) do take advantage of this stage because once he actually starte talking, there is no stopping him!
Im glad you came across my blog and im happy i came across yours =)

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do need to record all that is Dillon. I've started leaving the video camera on the counter so I can grab it real quick in a moment of brilliance or cuteness by my kids. Of course, capturing the moments proves to be much more difficult as Bella seems to have lense fright.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wizzy-Doh...

Classic.

Gotta love little kids.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home