< Upheaval: He DOES listen!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

He DOES listen!

This morning, I was trying to motivate my family to get dressed for church. I went back into Dillon's room and got his clothes ready. I called him:

"Dillon! Come here and get dressed for church so you can have a vitamin!" (Not bribery, positive reinforcement! If you don't agree with that method, please feel free to email me at idontcare@yahoo.com.)

"He I come!" he said, running down the hallway.

He ran past me (I think he knows how immobile my belly makes me) and climbed up on his bed.

"Dillon James. Get off that bed and come down here now. It is time to get dressed."

He peeked at me between the slats of his bunk bed. I could see the question in his eyes: How serious is she?

I paused a second, then said, "Dillon. I am going to count and you are going to be down here with me or you will get a spanking!" (If you are uncomfortable with the fact that I spank my son, then substitute the words "time out" and please refrain from commenting about my chosen method of discipline. I have no energy to host a debate.)

Still peeking.

"Five. Four. Three..."

"Mama!" he shouted, wide eyes looking at me from the bottom bunk. "I get my hiney down der WITE NOW!"

Huh. Okay, then.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

ahahaha "hiney"

BTW I love the positive reinforcement!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

WITE now! That is hilarious--what a cutie. And he knows how to turn on the cute just in the nick of time!

10:21 PM  
Blogger louann said...

What a cutie!!! I love the learning to talk stage (and the learning to answer back stage teehee)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

When they parrot things we say or how we say it...HILARIOUS.

It irritates some people but I find it so interesting and funny when the little ones start talking, reasoning and testing boundaries.

Can't wait to wrestle in a couple of weeks!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hahahaha! That's too cute!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jemmers said...

So cute!!

Maya does the same thing with me! And id is so hard not to laugh!!!

:)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home