< Upheaval: Who are you calling old?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who are you calling old?

We went to grab a bite at a local Mexican food joint the other night. It is our favorite place. They have free tortillas (My 'tillas! says Dillon), free chips and salsa, free ice cream, and free sopapillas. LOVE IT.

Our waiter was a cute girl, about 12 years old. NO! I am just exaggerating. She was probably 14. She admired Korenna, who was snoozing like an angel. Then she proceeded to tell me about HER SIX MONTH OLD BABY.

Excuse me?

When I picked myself up off the floor, she explained that she was nineteen, which isn't THAT old to have a baby.

Trying to recover, I said, "Oh, does your baby have your hair color?"

In the crazy light of the Mexican food joint, her hair looked carrot-top red.

She giggled and said, "No! I just did that, like, this morning! It didn't turn out how I wanted at all! But the name of the color was Red Hot Chili Pepper, which is a band, you know..."

I nodded, "Yeah! I know that band."

She said, "Oh, well, my mom had, like, no idea who they were!"

Ba-bum-BAH!

And that is how our cute fourteen-year-old waitress got no tip to take home to her baby. By equating me to her mother, when I am obviously youthful and NOT EVEN THIRTY YET!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So does this restaurant make you pay for ANYTHING? That'd be my favorite restaurant too! Until the waitress told me I looked old anyway.

7:46 PM  
Blogger MattandCorey said...

Face it, you are old.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Erica Logan said...

Hey, watch it on the thirty comments!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Haaaahahahahaha...

Actually, I'm surprised she knew who the Red Hot Chili Peppers are. They've been around, like, since the 80's.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Good point, Jenn! Sheesh, I hate getting "ma'am"ed like nothing else. I'm 34, but it's a YOUNG 34!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hahaha! Face it, we're getting old. The girls in my highschool bible study (seniors this year) remind me often how old I am. Usually not intentionally... they had no idea that "Splash" was a movie, or who Daryl Hannah was. Ugh!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home