< Upheaval: I thought text made life simpler

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I thought text made life simpler

The following is a real text conversation with my husband. He is working, I am at home working on stuff for The Helping House. Commentary in italics.

D: What's up?

A: working. u?

D: Working too. What you workin on? Looks like I will prob b off tomorrow.

A. email followups. on hold w irs for 20 mins! what time u off tonight?

D: Prob 6

(At this point, I let the conversation drop. I know Daniel doesn't have the stamina to text for long periods of time, and I need to get back to listening to blaring IRS hold music.)

D: How has your day been? (He wasn't ready to let go.)

A: good. long nap w/ k this morning :)

A: no grant, no students (These are the two things I am waiting on every day - news about a grant and new student applications.)

D: ?

A: no good news today. u have to get better at interpreting text, sheesh.

D: What do you mean no students? (Really?)

A: new students (Meaning, NO NEW STUDENTS TODAY, JUNE 18th, 2008)

A: I haven't brushed my teeth yet today. (Change of subject. Hopeful?)

D: Nice. So did you get a new student? (SERIOUSLY!!!)

A: no new students!

D: so you didn't get the grant or no news on the grant? did u get debit card fixed? (Note to self: Don't fall prey to texting with Daniel. He monopolizes time and wants narratives on everything.)

A: no news on the grant, debit card fixed.

D: k

A: this is exhausting. i need some whoppers. (I am just telling the truth. I am a stress eater. Not that I eat stress, but I eat when I am stressed. See!? I can't stop explaining myself. He makes me do it!)

D: what is exhausting? (Here we go.... Don't fall into his trap... Don't do it! Don't...)

A: texting with you! (Ahhhh! I couldn't help it.)

D: well, fine! bye!

And that is why I am sure we will be discussing text etiquette this evening when he gets off work. Again, monopolizing my time. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

wow. that is longst txt convo Iv ever seen.

mmm, whoppers.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Maybe he needs to go to your school. He just may be on the spectrum. ;o)

Just for the record. . . have u tried Dreyers Fully Loaded yet?

11:14 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hahahaha! That is HILARIOUS!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home