< Upheaval: Crop circles, or something like that

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crop circles, or something like that

Last night, I was brushing my teeth. I bent to spit, and glimpsed myself in the mirror. What happened next included screeching for Daniel and pulling some of those dusty sailor words out of my vocabulary storage unit.

There are few things you need to know:

1) My current position in life, though exciting, is highly stressful.

2) I have been shedding hair like a dog since Korenna turned about 3 months old. I did it after having Dillon, too. Something about hormones.

3) I am generally oblivious to details of my appearance (see previous post) and go for "decent, passable, clean" not necessarily "stylish, cute, or glamorous."

Given those facts, the following may not be a surprise to you, but is sho' was to me.


In case you aren't clear, that is a big ol' bald spot on the top of my head, right in the middle of my part. In that picture, it actually looks like a caterpillar, or maybe the playboy bunny. (Hmmm... I am getting some ideas for something to sell on eBay.)

I saw my hairdresser this morning, and she said that last week, when she cut my hair, it was the size of a pencil eraser (she didn't think it was worth mentioning!), and now it is about the size of a dime. So, at that rate, I calculate that I won't have any hair left by September.

Daniel summarized the situation best when he said, "Well, if you're gonna go bald, that is where it's gonna start."

My hero. Nothing, if not honest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Ooooh that DOES look like a Playboy bunny. COOL.

So I think it is your hormones and the STRESS. You aren't plucking hairs in your sleep are you?

Perhaps you should give the doc a call. Not that old geezer you go to. He might suggest a comb over.

You are still beautiful, hairless or not!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Okay, so I totally saw a caterpillar, not the bunny. Oh well. *shrug*

It is absolutely a hormone thing... can't say I experienced it, I had massive breakouts of tiny pimples on my face after babies instead. Carolyn W. had the same issue though. Huge bald spots too. If I remember correctly you don't typically go completely bald, and it does grow back.

God does all kinds of different things to keep us from becoming too prideful though doesn't He. For what it's worth, I still think you're absolutely beautiful.

1:36 PM  
Blogger louann said...

I had a huge bald spot on the right side of my scalp after giving birth to my 2nd. When I asked my OB about it (thinking it was related to my recent delivery), she said it was probably stress.

My hair grew back but all the baby hair didn't make me happy.

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home