< Upheaval: A Tribute

Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Tribute

Today, I am going to give a nod of appreciation to my very good friend, Papa John.


Papa John is actually John McGarity, my friend Sharon's dad. Sharon and I have been friends since the seventh grade, so I guess Papa John has been around (for me) since then. Sharon jumped ship and moved to Frisco, and I stuck around Nacogdoches. SO, I have become his surrogate daughter, and he is my handy-man Papa.


Over the past few months, Papa John has put in many hours trying to save my marriage from therapy. Of course, I say that in jest. But in May of 2004, Daniel started renovating the master bathroom of our home. It has been useless for nine long months. Papa John heard the desperation in my voice one day on the phone, and he has been a constant supporter since that day. For example, this weekend, he spent fifteen hours at our house laying tile and teaching Daniel how to grout.


I am excited at the prospect of a functional second bathroom. I am not going to know what to do with myself when I don't have to put the lid down behind Daniel ten times a day.


Mostly, I am grateful to a man who has remained a friend to me and my husband, and who has always made a place for us in his family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Very sweet tribute!

And for the strife such projects can cause a marriage...our big house renovations are few and far between...when someone else can do it and THEY can get creamed for imperfections :)

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home