< Upheaval: The smell-good tree hanging from the rearview mirror DOES NOT mean its clean

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The smell-good tree hanging from the rearview mirror DOES NOT mean its clean

One time (today), I had to get a rental car (truck) from a place in town (rhymes with Winterprise) because my truck is idling funny. I got in the said rental vehicle with my spouse, who quickly started digging through all the compartments.


(Let me interrupt my own story to say that about a month ago, when this exact scenario was playing out, the rental car I got from this same place (Winterprise) had five bags of rotting garbage in the trunk, which I did not find until I had already driven the car for two days. What if there had been a body in there? Yech!)


So, back to today. Daniel is rummaging through the glove compartment where he finds a box of Coconut Sweet Cigar Blunts. He opens the ash tray, and ashes go everywhere. Finally, he looks in the center console, where you put your beverages (probably a 40 oz. beer, if you are smoking those blunts) and there he finds a fine, but noticable, sprinkling of dried-parsley-like residue. He sticks his finger in it and puts it about one inch from his eyeball. He smells it. (He is quite the detective.) It is marijuana! Weed! In my rental truck!


Give me a break!



3 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Oooh...you could be John Stossel's apprentice.

So, did Daniel bust 'em? Is he gonna? Bet he was PO'd! I mean, 5 bags of rotting trash?? What's this world coming to?

7:46 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

He is going to have words with them tomorrow. But, it isn't like we have a selection of car rental places here. They don't even have to be competitive for business! But, maybe the weed is part of their draw!

8:08 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

isn't daniel a police officer? is it any coincidence that police officer and pissed off have the same initials?

i am amazed at your findings. maybe next time you should go to Henderson to rent a car.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home