< Upheaval: Aw, spit!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Aw, spit!

**Warning: The following story may alter the way you feel about me. I am not normally a gross person, but this event makes me seem generally unhygienic.**
When I drink ice cold water at night before bed, and after brushing my teeth, I often wake up in the middle of the night with a bad taste in my mouth. I drink a lot of water, and the bad taste isn't usually enough to deter me from drinking water. However, after the events of last night, perhaps I need to reconsider.
Last night, in my dream, I was brushing my teeth. I have a fancy electric toothbrush which oscillates around and stirs up lots of saliva and toothpaste bubbles. I was going from sink to sink in my bathroom (apparently, I have about 75 sinks) looking for a place to spit. The problem was that each sink was filled up with stuff!
One had some clean clothes in it. Another had a car motor. Another sink had dirty dishes. Etc, etc... Well, the spit and toothpaste bubbles are building up in my mouth, and I am starting to panic that there won't be a place to spit. Finally, I spot an empty sink! I run over to the sink, bend over, and, YOU GUESSED IT... spit all over my pillow.
Not drool.
No, that is normal.
S.P.I.T.
How nasty is that??? Luckily I sleep with about six pillows these days, so the slobbery one got tossed onto the floor and a fresh one took its place.
The sad thing is, this is not the first time that I have spit in my sleep. Maybe I should quit drinking the water, cause I am pretty sure that is what causes me to want to spit.
So, I have just confessed an embarrassing and abnormal behavior. We all have them - what is yours???

14 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

I like when you laugh in your sleep. That is hilarious to witness. You just bust out into a belly roar, never waking for a sec.

Spitting in your sleep, that's just pure talent.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hmmm... that doesn't sound like an embarrassing behavior of YOURS.

the point is to share about yourself. not about ME. i have already shared.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Embarrassing behavior. Um, no. Not me. None.

Besides, I've already fessed up that I leap from dark rooms.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've got one for you! Just recently, since having a baby, I find it difficult to sneeze without losing a little bit of water waste. I've learned to cross my legs real tight if I feel a sneeze coming on. Now that's embarrassing, but it's not my fault! I think that baby kicked around so much that things are looser than they used to be!

Geez, I wish you would have let me post this anonymously...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

So THAT is why they say new moms should use super absorbent maxi's?

Veddy intedesting...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

At least you can blame yours on being asleep, and having weird pregnancy dreams.

I'm having trouble narrowing it down to one abnormal thing that I do. I guess I'll stick with the sheet theme. Remember my little sheet-folding story from last week? Yeah, well that's not all. After I take my nicely folded sheets out of the linen closet, I iron the flat sheet and pillowcases before making the bed.

Yes, I KNOW they're just going to get wrinkled again. But I don't care! I love how they feel so crisp and smooth, at least for the first few nights.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ha ha ha, funny story. I'm pretty sure I've never spit in my sleep, now talking in my sleep is a whole other story. I've been known to go on for minutes with a dialogue of my dream.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

This weekend I had a dream that I was showing off how far out I could stick my tongue, and I woke up licking my chin.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Nope... don't spit in my sleep...
NOR do I pick my nose.

3:53 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i talk in my sleep. except i don't produce actual words that are understandable to other humans. i sound more like a gerbil. gerble? gerbal? gerbel? how do you spell that?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, at least you weren't dreaming that you were trying to go to the bathroom and woke up to a wet bed. (Not that I've actually done that.)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

vanessa! that thought totally occurred to me. i think i would be too ashamed to blog about that.

jes - how does a gerbil sound anyway?

kim - oral fixations. that's us.

sharkey - there is no rational explanation for that. none. please reference my comment on your sheet folding post.

:)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh for funny! I love it... I dreamt the other night that are baby was born with normal arms as well as Crab pinchers!.... Oh and Ben may not spit in bed, but he does climb trees!!!! You need to ask him about that!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sydney....

A BEAR WAS CHASING ME!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home