< Upheaval: Who?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Who?

You have a great blog! I found it by accident.

You might also be interested in my blog about Invasive Blog Spammers. It is basically just about Invasive Blog Spammers.

Please check out my site, Invasive Blog Spammers.

By the way - I love your blog. Good job and congratulations!

I don't know what else to say except that I have a great site also called Invasive Blog Spammers. I just recently started it. Can I stay in contact with you to get some great blogging ideas? Thanks! I think your blog is great.

Good luck,
Invasive Blog Spammers

5 Comments:

Blogger David B. said...

I've been getting a lot of the comments spam lately too! Last night I just turned on a feature in the Blogger Comments Settings called: "Show Word Verification for comments?"

I didn't know what this meant, but I thought I would give it a try. What it does, is makes a commenter copy certain characters that are displayed on the screen, before it will accept the comments. Hopefully that will put a stop to comment spam bots, requiring a real person to enter the characters on the screen. That way the spammers would have to send each comment spam one-by-one, instead of some kind of an automated process.

It sounds good in theory. I'm hoping that it will help to control comment spam. So far I haven't gotten any more comment spam, but its only been about 15 hours since I turned this feature on. I'll know better in a few days if it really works.

If you would like to see what it looks like, you are welcome to visit my blog and post a comment at The Whole Note.

3:18 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

Yeah, it sure is getting old, isn't it???

3:31 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

grr. i hate invasive blog spammers. i have a great blog too. visit my blog at www.justsayjes.com. invasive blog spammers are bad. www.justsayjes.com is good. invasive bad. jes good.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

I've seen a few blogs institute the word verification thingy, and from what I've seen it does seem to be working.

I use HaloScan for comments--I suppose it's only a matter of time before the spammers figure that one out too.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Very funny!!! Down with spammers!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home