< Upheaval: American Idol: The story of a little Wyoming cowboy

Friday, January 20, 2006

American Idol: The story of a little Wyoming cowboy

Okay, this little guy is just too sweet! He came to the auditions with three other generations of his cattle raising family. He has a wide smile and a big cowboy hat, and your heart immediately goes out to him, cause there is no way he is going to reach his dream at this audition.

He swaggared onto the audition stage, and couldn't remember the name of the song. Immediately, Randy and Paula started with the "We say we support you but we are really shaming you on national television" routine. I think the two of them are worse than Simon at times. At least Simon is honest, and doesn't treat the contestants as if they are oblivious.

Randy said, "You don't have to know the name, just sing for us, dawg."

And this little cowboy opened his mouth and out came a raw, probably unpracticed, soulful rendition of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."

I get chills thinking back on it. Simon just stared. It was really cool. Paula, for once, offered her vote immediately, and it was a big, fat "no" but luckily Randy and Simon got it together and gave this little cowboy some hope.

"Welcome to Hollywood, Garet Johnson!" :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Git'r done.

And he did.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I thought that was so sweet! I couldn't believe Simon said yes!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Princess21 said...

Oh my gosh!!! How did I miss that???

I did notice that they are letting some people in with absolutley no hope of going any further! Makes me think maybe I would have a chance as well! But...only if I were younger and had a cowboy hat! :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wasn't that completely awesome?! I think that's the first time I've seen Simon show some signs of having a heart. I was so excited they let him through!

1:20 PM  
Blogger jes said...

maybe i should start watching this show, if only for the humor. and possible blog entries.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I was impressed with his raw talent as well, and was glad that they gave him the opportunity to work with some other people so that maybe he can start to refine that voice, and maybe get a little style help, too! :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

I felt the worst for that little guy that Simon called a "wasp." He just started picking at his physical appearance. I really hope you know what I am talking about!!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda Sue said...

koyama - i do know! sometimes i get SO SAD for the people.

strangely enough, i didn't get sad for the reallytangirl. that was just funny!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Randy said...

Cowboy Up, Son! Hollywood is as tuff a place as any butt busting steer. I am still pulling for you, but for the winnings sake, Do what Simon suggested and get some vocal coaching. You DO have talent, but it needs a little brushing up to compete with others who have had coaching for years. Hollywood chews up people and spits them out everyday. If you got tough skin you can make it - You have lots of fans and people honestly want to see you make it. God speed.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home