< Upheaval: Spring cleaning

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring cleaning

Summer cleaning? I don't know. It is almost 100 degrees outside, so I'll go with "Summer Cleaning."

I have the itch. I cleaned out Dillon's closet today. My mother in-law sent me home with a box of Space Bags and I put them to good use. Now his old clothes are sucked into a brick-hard sculpture of plastic that weighs about 6 times more than you would think.

Next, I am tackling my own closet. Boxing up sweaters and my "fat pants." HA! I have never gotten to box them up before!

I think the kitchen would be a good place to work next. The smorgasbord of tubs and pots and lids is calling me, not to mention the disarray of my "pantry." ("Pantry" is in quotes because I like to call it that, but really it is just a cabinet. We have no formal "pantry." When our house was built, shopping in bulk wasn't even considered, and soup didn't come in a can. You made it from stuff in your garden.)

Anyway, all this thinking about cleaning makes my palms itch. I love it! I wish I had more time in the day to clean and organize! What do YOU want to organize???

11 Comments:

Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

I want to organize Jadyn's clothes - at least the stuff she's just grown out of - and the thing that used to be my kitchen table. Now it's a junk depository.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Um, that would be our home office. I'm currently sitting in the midst of a disaster area, the likes of which you have never seen. This room is our dumping grounds for anything that doesn't have a home. Sewing machine? Check. Three printers? Check. Stacks of bills that need to be filed? Check.

You name it, we probably have at least one of it in this room. Time to turn off the light and leave town (literally--we're going on vacation tomorrow!).

I'll leave a key under the mat in case you'd like to practice your organization skillz before tackling the next project at your house. :)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I want you to come to MY house and organize! That'd keep you so busy you'd forget to eat, bathe or brush your hair 100 times.

I'm waiting for the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy to get enough energy to tackle the organization required to maintain my sanity in this house. Still waiting.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I need to organize my workout room closet, switch out my summer/winter clothes. Wanna help?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I would love to organize my basement yet again. I have a ton of storage tubs, but there are things on the floor next to them that need to be sorted and stored away. Now to find the time! :-)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

My desk is cluttered and unorganized... and that's exactly how I like it. So... Nothing. Everything is fine... exactly how it is.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've always wanted to try those spacebags!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'd like to organize the calendar of my life that is coming up in the next few months. There is way too much to do, and not enough time to do it.
If not that, I need to go through my closet and put away the things that it is too hot outside to wear anymore.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I have got to organize the boys' closets again. Time to throw out the things Landon wore this winter since he is the last one. I have got to get the others out so we aren't living out of a plastic tub.

12:33 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

my. entire. life.

5:02 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

My insanely messy hair - does that fit in the category? I made an appointment this afternoon to have it mowed back a bit so I don't stumble into the streets from it blinding me.
Plastic tubs are "the bomb, yo yo yo"! We store a lot in them.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home