< Upheaval: Laughing all the way

Monday, June 12, 2006

Laughing all the way

I have a new motto. It is "Laugh it off."

I stress and gripe about all the little, stupid things, and my life would be better if I didn't, so I am trying this new philosophy.

A sample scenario goes like this:

After noticing that Daniel failed to start the dishwasher the night before, I might say something like, "I see that you forgot to start the dishwasher last night like you said you were going to. That is okay. I am not mad. HaHaHaHa."

Or, like this:

When walking by a pile of Daniel's clean laundry piled high in the recliner, I might subtly point and quietly say, "HaHaHaHa."

At first, Daniel thought I was going crazy, but now he understands that I am already there and this is a way to bring him down with me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ah yes, somedays I have to laugh to keep from crying! :-)

9:28 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

This entry made me laugh. It was almost like an elongated version of Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Is it not normal to eyeball that which drives you crazy and laugh as if you were wearing a neon straight jacket?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it: laugh it off! You're great, Amanda!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

daniel says he loves "laugh it off" cause we both end up laughing at the ridiculousness of my fake laughter, and no one is mad at all. best of all, i don't cry. he loves it when i don't cry!

6:53 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Love it! Great communication style. My husband would understand exactly what the ha ha ha meant. I usually use reverse psychology: "The kitchen looks WONDERFUL husband man, thank you very much (insert smile)" That works usually.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home