< Upheaval: Thankyouverymuch

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Thankyouverymuch

Yesterday, in our Summer Clinic, my small group of kids was discussing the use of the words "Thank you." We talked about who we like to thank, and why.

One tiny boy, about six years old, piped up:

"I wanna thank my gir-fren cause she is SO NICE TO ME!"

After calming the kids down (because gir-frens are funny, you know!), we finished our discussion. Then, as a follow-up activity, we wrote thank you notes to people in our lives. This same little boy got caught up in the business of composing his letter. After a few minutes of working in silence, he looked up with his brow wrinkled.

"Hey, Miss Amanna! I need some help!"

I walked over to him, and bent down to hear his question better. His face scrunched up in contemplation, his hands smoothed the paper in front of him on the desk. His eyes were serious as he looked up and me and said:

"Hey! How do you spell 'hottie-hottie-hottie'?"

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharkey said...

Too, too funny! This cracked me right up.

It also reminded me of a time when a kid I know was writing a thank-you note to his teacher at the end of the year. He said, "Mom, how do you spell 'goddess'?" I was like, wow--he's calling his teacher a goddess? Turns out her name was Gades.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

You didn't get a note from a secret admirer later that day, did you?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Oh my! I wonder what his girlfriend thinks about him!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

HA!

I am sure she is a hottie-hottie-hottie... at age 6.

Classic.

8:16 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

What? Six years old?

I'm so out of touch with reality.

1:36 PM  
Blogger koyama said...

Awwwwww, I remember my little crush in Kindergarten. That is a cute story...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh, that is priceless!!! And did you tell him how to spell hottie-hottie-hottie? (Lucky girl--one "hottie" just wasn't enough to express his adoration!)

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home