< Upheaval: Honey do or honey don't?

Monday, July 03, 2006

Honey do or honey don't?

I have my comp exam this week. It is over everything I have learned over this past year. I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to studying. I will put it off and find tons of other things to do. (Isn't it ironic that I learned so much about teaching ADHD kiddos this year?)

To help me out, Daniel told me he would be in charge of Dillon today. Daniel is a pretty big TV watcher, so I envisioned an afternoon of them lounging around in the living room, watching HGTV and playing with the huge basket of toys that threatens to take over my house. I would study in the bedroom, away from the demon-computer and all those sorts of distractions.

Nope. That isn't what happened.

Daniel picked today to mark off the one thing on his to-do list. "Deadbolts." It has said that on his to-do list for about 5 months. I continually add and mark things off of my own list, but his has stayed the same since he bought the deadbolts at Lowe's back in February.

So, there I was, actually making an attempt to study.

Daniel dragged out all of his power tools, and set up a workstation in our bedroom. He has begun drilling and chiseling, Dillon was yelling, and Tux was running around, fretting at all the noise. I saw an opportunity to take a "break" from studying, so I grabbed the camera cause I knew you wouldn't believe me without proof.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Or maybe you would. I guess it isn't THAT hard to believe.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with comps. Now get back to your studying!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

and then you have people dropping by all unexpected and stuff... that's okay... tomorrow your only distraction will be you! :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Hmmmm...and your test is WHEN?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Kandace said...

Men and their timing. Good luck on your test!
What is COMPS?
That sounds weird. Hope it goes well!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

comps = comprehensive exam

i did fine. the one i didn't answer was the same one that most of the other people didn't know either. probably won't get called back in for that. i hope.

time to relax!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Um, for all you wondering...the above is Amanda impersonating me, sorta.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good luck with that test!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Bout time that "Boy" got to work.

(Just kidding Daniel... don't get on a plane to Minnesota and come beat me up.)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home