< Upheaval: They say it's your birthday!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

They say it's your birthday!

In case you didn't know already, I just adore Dillon. He is the greatest thing, even better than sliced bread, and I cannot even imagine life without him.

That being said, we are coming up on his first birthday. I have already had several people ask about his first birthday party. Things like:

"OOOH! Am I invited?" (Yes! And what was your name again?)

"Have you decided what theme you are doing?" (Uh, the theme is... Dillon is ONE!)

"Have you ordered supplies?" (Like a cake? Like canned water and MRE's? What do you mean 'supplies'???)

Apparently, I am not thinking hard enough about this. Someone suggested I do a theme of something Dillon likes. Ohhhhhkay...

He likes Cheerios. Maybe we could have a Cheerio party? What would that look like?

He likes his door-frame jumper thing. Maybe we could get enough for everyone and just hang around jumping. Do they make adult-sized ones?

He likes to lick Tux in the mouth. Hm... I am pretty sure I won't be able to turn that into a party that is fun for anyone but him.

So, help me! Ideas, websites, anything. Feel free to plan it FOR me. That way I can concentrate on other things. Like obsessively checking on his privates. (See post below.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

For my son's first b-day, we did a transportation theme since he loved playing with cars. We decorated in red, yellow, and green. I even iced cupcakes with those three colors and lined them up to look like stop-lights. I made up gift bags with little cars and play cell phones in them for all the kids. We also made our own cake for the adults and we iced a road and put on little cars to decorate it. My son loved it!

Does your son have a favorite toy or tv show character? You could use one of those as your theme...or I've seen party supplies where the #1 was the theme (there were plates, napkins, balloons, and gift bags all with that same theme).

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

I like your ideas! Maybe everyone could hang around jumping in the doorways while eating Cheerios? Or maybe you could have a cake with Cheerios on the top that spell out his name.

What? These ideas aren't helping?

8:36 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

haha...funny Anamana...

To impress everyone, just hang pics or toy animals and balls everywhere. Then he can point to the balls and teach everyone that all animals are dogs.

Make his cake (like you wouldn't) and let him dig in or stare at it. Whichever he prefers. Decorate it with Cheerios and then maybe he'll go for it. Then Tux can lick the leftovers off his mouth for free entertainment.

In all seriousness, the 1st birthday is for everyone else, not really the bday boy. He'll just look bewildered most of the time anyway :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

you were at ours... I "no-themed" it, too. Just the fact that he was one was all I could do. It's more for grandma's enjoyment than anyone else. I still have the banners and stuff leftover... want to recycle and save money?

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL too funny!!
All of that is why we didn't have a party for the twins when they turned 1...they wouldn't have cared!!
I hope you figure out something that will be fun for you!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

My thoughts, as Jadyn is heading toward the same milestone, is do what YOU want, because every year after this you'll have to consider the opinions of the birthday kid.

We're doing a theme that sort of goes with her room. Flower Power. Lots of flowers and such, but also with a 60's tie-dye lava lamp flair. Kinda silly, I know, but at least it's unique.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Kandace said...

Creative! Especially the cereal theme. You could make a big Cheerio cake with fruit loop decorations and hand out those mini camping boxes of cereal with choco spoons that say "Dillion is One!!"
Or....just throw a bbq and have everyone bring dessert. I vote option #2.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ding ding ding! trin, we have a winner. i think i will do the car thing.

look forward to lots of questions from yours truly!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

He's almost a year old???!? How exactly did that happen!??!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

am - you're tellin' me! was this year a time warp or something?

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home