< Upheaval: What you don't know can hurt your son's manhood

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What you don't know can hurt your son's manhood

So, they do these super-easy circumcisions now that do not even have to be obsessively cared for. You just make sure the area is clean and doesn't get infected. You just check it with your sense of vision, whereas, in the times of yore, the mother used to have to slather her son with vaseline and do some skin pulling and all that jazz. Not anymore.

Well, lemme tell ya something. Many people have changed my son's diaper over the course of the last ten months. No one, not even ONE PERSON told me that his little manhood looked, um... different. His doctor even checked in that diaper every time we went and never said anything.

Our doc is moving, and we had to switch to a new pediatrician. We went yesterday for a really late 9 month checkup. The first thing he said was, "Oh, we are gonna have to fix that. His circ grew back up."

WHAT?

He got out some gauze and some vaseline and then he made my baby scream as loudly as I have ever heard him scream. There was even some blood involved. Just Dillon's. Not the doctor's, even though I was feeling the Mother Bear in me clawing to get out.

So take this as a warning - if your son has a penis, let a lot of people look at it, and ask their opinion. You might feel a little obsessed, but apparently that is the way you are supposed to be.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennboree said...

Seriously? It grew back? Does that mean the hospital didn't do the procedure correctly? Were you pissed?

I've not changed but one or two lil' boy diapers so I didn't know what it was supposed to look like when they're babies.

Did he do just a little snip-snip? Is my nephew okay? Has he forgiven everyone for not noticing earlier?

7:52 AM  
Blogger Sharkey said...

Poor guy! I feel so bad for him. But I feel even worse for you. Hope you're both feeling better today.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i think it was done correctly, but i was lead to believe that i could just leave it alone and all would be fine. that isn't true.

if it sounds too easy, it prolly is.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Whew. SO glad baby girls don't require that much attention. They'll be high maintenance soon enough :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I don't have to worry about any of that since my son is all natural! :-)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

POOR DILLON!

OUCH.

At least you noticed it before he was 18 or something.

OUCH!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

so, now that my child is way too old to be messed with, can I show you his so that you can see if he's okay?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kandace said...

OK, now I am paranoid that Jenn is Amanda, or is Amanda Jenn...

OWCH!! OWCH OWCH!! Did the Dr.ask you before snipping? It sounded like he just went ahead and started trimming...

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I had no idea it could grow back! Bless Dillon's little heart! Hope he's okay now!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Wow...I didn't know that could happen! Now I'm all paranoid. I mean, I think Caleb's looks normal, but what do I know? I've only seen two!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home