< Upheaval: Lighthearted

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Lighthearted

I have written some heavy, depressing stuff lately, so I thought I would try for something a little lighter.

Last night I went to the grocery store to pick up two things. Chocolate pudding was not one of the two items, but I walked by an endcap and Hunts Snack Packs were 10 for $10, which is a bargain. I like bargains! I looked, but all I could find were fat-free varieties, butterscotch and vanilla. My bingey-hungry-pregnant-self decided I needed full-fat chocolate.

I went and checked out with my other groceries and asked the clerk for a rain check. She sent me to the service desk. The lady said they didn't do rainchecks, but I could come back later cause the sale would still be on for another week.

She must have seen the desperation (derangement) in my eyes because she called a manager, who happened to find a case of chocolate "in the back." The service desk lady was ready to check out the case of chocolate pudding to me. That is 24 packs of 4. 96 pudding packs.

My dilema was: do I buy all the puddings cause the guy went to the trouble to bring them to me? do I just buy a couple of packs? do I run out of the store and hope no one remembers me next time?

What do you think I did? What would you do?

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

if you bought the entire case, that means that you spent $24 on pudding.

considering that is roughly 1/3 of my weekly grocery budget, i can't imagine that you spent $24 on pudding.

please tell me you didn't spend $24 on pudding.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

If you bought the entire case of pudding, I hope you crave it just as much a month from now.

You know, they should give pregnant women a little card thingie on their key ring similar to the ones for the grocery store for people to clue in and then whatever decisions the preggo lady makes, everyone will just accept that its from a hormone-driven, slightly deranged mama machine...and make life easier for everyone involved.

And maybe it could give discounts.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

yeah! discounts! i like discounts almost as much as bargains!

also, hunts pudding packs are a food that you can store away for 14 1/2 years without deterioration in flavor or texture. that is the beauty of buying in bulk!

actually, i only bought 5 packs. :)

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home