< Upheaval: Home, sweet home

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Home, sweet home

It is not only good to be home, it is GREAT to be home!

We had a nice time at the freebeachhouse but it was rainy yesterday and all we did was sleep and watch things on TV that I usually hate, like American Idol (you think you can sing?? let me SHOW you some singin'!!!) and WifeSwap. I did get to see the ocean! There were no ducks, oily or not. Now that I think about it, there wasn't ANYTHING ALIVE THERE EXCEPT US. Hm...

Daniel and I recorded the final episode of NYPD Blue. We are going to watch it tonight. I am a junkie about this show. Mostly I am glad that Mark-Paul pulled himself out of the perpetual high school classroom and got a gig where he doesn't make comments to the camera. To bad it has all come to an end. This is one thing Daniel and I did together weekly without fail. The other thing we did weekly without fail was...

oh, nevermind.


5 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

i have never watched NYPD blue. i have, however, watched American Idol and WifeSwap. Most notably, I watched those shows last night. It was my first time to see WifeSwap, so i really didn't know what to expect. it was not my first time to watch American Idol, so i already did know what to expect, and that is why i changed the channel after the first five minutes.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

that kid on wifeswap made me SO MAD! i know people have their own ideas, but he was a KID and he was so disrespectful and hateful! it made me sad for that lady.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

I only watch AI (American Idol) auditions which embarrass me cuz it always embarrasses me when people sing...especially when they're bad.

Ever notice what an odd word "embarrass" is? I had to look up the spelling cuz I could swear it was wrong. How embarrassing.

NYPD hadn't done much for me since Zack arrived. I kept waiting for Screech. Alas, he never arrived. Oh the disappointment.

Glad you're back, Manda! Whew! Now I have a life again!

10:21 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, i know! i totally agree! he was so rude! and i couldn't believe that woman didn't stand up for herself more!

i kept wishing they would publicize their names and addresses so i could go give him a piece of MY mind, like SHE should have done.

i guess i could just drive around Minnesota looking for people holding peace rallies on the side of the highway.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i would tell him that:

1) Jesus was not a carpenter who talked a lot. He was a carpenter who talked very little and listened a lot. His ministry was only three short years.

2) The Bible wasn't written 100 years after Jesus died. Most of it was written before He was even born. Besides, there are many secular books that are considered historically accurate that were written a mere century after an event or person.

3) His dad said "Dan has faith in people" but that is so untrue! He is a pessimist who thinks he knows it all, and he does not have faith in people, or anything else for that matter!

4) If he hates the US so much, why doesn't he move somewhere else. I bet he will have just as much to gripe about there.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home