< Upheaval: Clothes make the Amanda

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Clothes make the Amanda

It has finally cooled down a little outside so that I am not dripping in sweat by the time I get to school in the morning. There are very few precious days out of the year when I can sleep with my bedroom windows wide open, and they are here!

The downside of this weather is that I don't know what to wear. My functional skills go out the open window and I stand in my closet for cumulative minutes each morning, puzzling over my clothes:

"It is cool, but it will be warm later. So I shouldn't wear long sleeves. What about 3/4 length? Or sleeveless? Is it too cool for sleeveless? It will be in the 90s this afternoon. So what fabric? Not sweater-ish material. Or heavy knits. Maybe a light jacket with something short sleeved. Will I look silly? Will I feel uncomfortable? Pants or a skirt? And what shoes? I can't wear those wedge ones again - they killed my toes. I would love to wear sandals, but is it getting too late in the season for that? It is too hot still for boots..."

By the time I emerge, I am wearing a brown skirt with two shirts, one on each half of my torso. I have a boot pulled up to my knee, and a flip-flop on the other foot. Since I have been flinging clothes out of the closet during my monologue, I have to wade through piles to get to the door.

At this point, I wake up Daniel to help me. God bless him. He suggests that I buy some scrubs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

Since I'm prego, I go for the shorts and tanks every time...even if it's only 40 degrees outside!

9:18 AM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

We're going through that here in MS too - very frustrating.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Jennboree said...

fScrubs would make perfect sense for teachers!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home