< Upheaval: I am not trained to be a waitress!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I am not trained to be a waitress!

And this plate is getting VERY heavy.

We are trying to find a new babysitter for Dillon. It is stressful.

My sister is about to have a baby, and that is stressful to me in that I can't be there for it. She is going to bring my new niece into the world on Monday, and I am going to be four hours away!

Daniel's grandmother passed away yesterday. Sad, and stressful because now we will be traveling this weekend.

Tonight is Open House at school. Stressful because I have to stay at school till 8 o'clock and won't even see Dillon today. And I am assigned "babysitting duty" for all the young siblings who can't sit still for the movie and popcorn during the Parent's Lecture Hour.

I haven't written a single thank you note for Dillon's birthday, and it was two weeks ago. I hate having things like that to do, and no time to do it!

So when I take care of a few of these things, I will be back with a smile and a better attitude. Maybe I will even have a nice tip in my pocket.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

You could write all your thank you notes while traveling in the car...cause it's just so easy to write in a moving vehicle! :-)

8:33 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Maybe you should divy up the responsibilities. Assign each of us a thank you note, and we'll each write and mail one, signed by "you" (of course!)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I'd suggest we swap, but, alas, we're several blocks (map pages) away.
We've had some really awesome friends who've watched Jadyn for us, but sometimes we need babysitting during the week.
It's a juggling act, and you want to find decent folks who'll do the job you'd do. Sometimes that's really hard to come by. I pray the Lord will guide you in this quest.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

P.S.:
Sorry I didn't notice the situation with Daniel's grandmother or all the other stuff on your plate besides the first item.
Not going to offer any pat advice. Wish we could help in some tangible way.
I trust the Lord will walk you through these trying times for his purposes and glory.
Thanks for sharing in such an eloquent manner and keep us updated when you can.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry that we can't be of more help on the babysitting front. I really just don't know anyone, and I'm wondering if we need to change sitters as well this year. I know that she's happy with her situation, I just think that he misses his friends a whole lot.
Sorry to hear about Daniel's grandmother, but isn't it so neat how when God takes one of his own back home, somehow he replaces our grief with a reminder of his unfailing love using something like the birth of a precious baby. Stress will come and go, but love is here forever! Hope your stress levels out pretty soon!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ah! i finished and mailed the thank you notes. open house was a disaster, but it is over. the funeral is over. i found a babysitter (i think) and we are meeting with her this afternoon.

now, it is all about the baby!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home