I guess, come January, I will have to tack on the word "boy" to the end of that statement so his new sister won't get jealous.
Dillon just turned two last week. He is growing so quickly, and changing so much every day, that I wanted to write a few things that he says and does that make him my favorite:
* He sees tiny things from a distance and proclaims their existence with such enthusiasm! "Look, Mama! A ba-fly!" (way across that field) or "I see a bawl!" (that the boy in the next car has in his hand). Riding in the car is as exciting for him as going to the zoo. He always finds new things to see and talk about.
* If I fake cry (I know it is mean, but don't act like YOU haven't done that!) he gets a very worried look on his face and gives me hugs. If he did something wrong, he says "Soy, mama! I soy!"
* When he wants to color, he says "I color me!" and then goes to sit in his little wooden desk to wait for crayons and paper. Woe is me if I don't hear him the first time!
* He says "again" at the end of everything now. "I go ah-side, gin?" or "I hungee gin" or "I watch Gackyadagin-agin?"or "I got a booga, gin!"
* He calls himself Lillon Zahnsan, and sometimes refers to himself in 3rd person: "You get a 'nana for Lillon?"
* Instead of "Yay!" he says "LLLay!" when he does something special.
* When he falls down, he says "I'n okay! I'n okay!"
* Daily when I pick him up from school, he says "I 'na go Gima n' Gimpa's ... HOUSE!"
* Today I asked him if he was crying, and he said "NO, mama!" but then he put his face in his hands and did a fake whine. He grinned up at me when he was done, all proud that he had faked me out. Wonder who taught him that?
* He announces in a loud voice in public places that he poo-poo'd, even though it is usually just air.
* He is such a big boy when he has to go to bed or go take a nap. He says "G'night Mama! See younamorna!" (which, I think means, "see you in the morning!")
* He knows where the baby is, and he points to it. I ask him if it is a girl baby or a boy baby, and he says "A guh bobby!"
I know all mamas wonder if they can love the next baby as much as the first, and so on. I think it must just be a whole new love from a whole different part of your heart. I can't wait to see!